New PIA tail livery pin!!! (now colour photo posted)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

hi looks ok but urdu script is better than english. anyway is there any airline except airblue that has their name written on the tail?
[i dont think so:? }so i think urdu should stay.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Thanks for the pin SENIoR.it looks really nice, but how did get this pin in new livery????
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

You know what, even though the tail looks good, how do you expect it to blend in with the rest of the livery as Amaad is saying...

How do you expect that red and orange to blend with the dark green and beige...??

This concept could be applied to a low cost carrier if PIA had one for its domestic route..e.g. Air India and Air India Express concept..
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Just a thought, but perhaps one side of the tail will be inscribed with PIA in English, while the reverse will bear the Urdu design.

Either way, I shall wait before forming an opinion on the new tails, though I must admit the picture rather reminds me of a bridegroom at a wedding I once had the misfortune of attending in rural Punjab. He wore a dark polyester suit with an orange and maroon tartan pattern, a mustard/brown shirt with collars that had roughly the wingspan of an A300 and his tie, a good 8 inches wide at one point bore a similar design to the tail on Senior's Pin!
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Looks quite bad as of today I'm so not interested in the livery issue, I expected better from Kirmani considering his background and social standing.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

malpensa26 wrote:hi looks ok but urdu script is better than english. anyway is there any airline except airblue that has their name written on the tail?
[i dont think so:? }so i think urdu should stay.
I think its jetblue...
Adnan
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

This is SoOooOOOoo much better, looks dignified.

Image[/img]

The original photo http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0999638/M/
bravo45
Registered Member

Post by bravo45 »

As mentioned above, I too am not sure how would it blend in with the rest of the a/c. And nice job cowboy, I actually like what you have done, ( I wonder why didn't THEY thought of that) the all green tail is blending in very nicely. I wonder how would the short lived floral pattern tail look like (though it would have to be darker to blend in).
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

if the tail is blended with a design of dark green (the stripes color) and off white( the back half of the fuselage).....it will look pretty sexy
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

PK777 wrote:
Amaad Lone wrote:
And please remove the urdu PIA and replace with the PIA in english.
Agreed! maybe Pakistan where the PIA in english is on the front fuselage and PIA in english on the tail
I like this new tail a lot. I would like to see the fuselage with the old 80s style "Pakistan International" in English along with the PIA logo written in Urdu to the side. The tail can stay as above, but with "PIA" changed to English.

I believe the word Pakistan needs to be somewhere on the plane, as now they will have PIA written in english and urdu with no hint of what that stands for.
khwateenohazraat
Registered Member

Post by khwateenohazraat »

Hmmmmm, no matter how i look at it, i just dont like it! I have to agree with Coyboy.

I would have thought that they would have got better Pakistani designs (as we have so many) and that white stripe on the top with PIA on it, just looks very disjointed and not flowing at all.

On the whole very dissapointing looks like some school kid who flunked art class put it together in a hurry!

God, is design really that bad in our country nowadays!
Khwateen o hazraat twajjo farmay'ye...
khwateenohazraat
Registered Member

Post by khwateenohazraat »

On second thoughts this livery can still be saved, if they remove the white line and the PIA, and make sure the background of the tail is the same cream/beige as the rest of it and just leave the design without anything else on it.
Khwateen o hazraat twajjo farmay'ye...
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

flyingsystem wrote:
Amaad Lone wrote:And please remove the urdu PIA and replace with the PIA in english.
I don't agree with u. I think the PIA in english doesn't look very nice. It's simply written PIA without any "style". Of course outside Pakistan nobody will understand what is written in urdu, but it's not important: If once somebody know it's a PIA aircraft, then he will identify it directly: PIA in urdu is a kind of logo that give an identity easily recognizable by everybody outside pakistan. Nevertheless I respect your opinion :wink: .
I agree. I love the way the urdu script looks