PIA 777-200LR AP-BGY Delivery Thread...

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

bravo45 wrote:My God! Just look at the size of the engines on the new bird (which is farther away) in comparison with the 747!!!
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5681768

I remember watching a documentry on the GE 90 (don't remember the name), in which they test flew the engine on their 747 as engine# 3 if I remember correctly. To date I haven't been able to find a pic of that a/c, but I guess you get the idea from this pic too. I am looking forward to more pics of the engine comparison. :lol:
I think its more of a camera angle that makes the engine look enormous next to the B743..but yeah the GE are one massive engines compared to B747 engines...

The pic you cant find that has the GE engine on the third engine on the B741, i have found below;

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=45634
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

AirBlue wrote:yayyyy .... i wanna get her here at YYZ soon....lets see who gets it first, kamil, me or any other YYZ forum member
Can't wait, eh Saad? :wink:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat u to the first shot though since PIA flights only operate on weekdays.... a little tough for me to make it on weekdays.
But then again you never know!!

She sure is a beauty! hope to see it soon in the new tail colours.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

u know wat sux...im in barrie...and i have school mon-friday....is she coming sat. or sun? no right ? what r the days again? tues, thurs and fri right ? if so...u win :(
bravo45
Registered Member

Post by bravo45 »

PK777:

I think its more of a camera angle that makes the engine look enormous next to the B743..but yeah the GE are one massive engines compared to B747 engines...

The pic you cant find that has the GE engine on the third engine on the B741, i have found below;

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=45634
Thanks a lot man!!!!! Obviously I didn't look too hard.
And yeah I agree the camera angle isn't giving an acurate comparison but not by much.

Our maint. too must be feeling great and up to the task now and I am sure they'll make us proud.
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

AirBlue wrote:u know wat sux...im in barrie...and i have school mon-friday....is she coming sat. or sun? no right ? what r the days again? tues, thurs and fri right ? if so...u win :(
Yeah, its Tues, Thurs, Fri for the 3 flights. I could only wish for a weekend flight..... would be out there to catch it for sure!!
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Why hasnt there been any Boeing Press Photo or news on this delivery ?? Weird ? Are they waiting until both are delivered?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

kamalla wrote:
AirBlue wrote:u know wat sux...im in barrie...and i have school mon-friday....is she coming sat. or sun? no right ? what r the days again? tues, thurs and fri right ? if so...u win :(
Yeah, its Tues, Thurs, Fri for the 3 flights. I could only wish for a weekend flight..... would be out there to catch it for sure!!
Fo sho ... btw ... we will be the first photographers in canada to get her if we can eh
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

AirBlue wrote: Fo sho ... btw ... we will be the first photographers in canada to get her if we can eh
Saad, one of my aunts is flying to ISB on Friday. So she'll be flying back on the first non-stop YYZ-ISB flight.... I believe the LR is suppose to make an appearence here on friday. I can't go as I'll be at work at 2pm, however if my brother goes to drop her I'm gonna send my camera along and hopefully he can snap a couple of shots for us. Let's see!
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

yea man do that...wanna see a pic of her here