A lil bit disturbing news about ED for me

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AirBlue
Registered Member

A lil bit disturbing news about ED for me

Post by AirBlue »

I just got to know that from april ED...will be doing DXB-Turkey((IST most probably)-MAN....now why would some one fly that sector esp. on an A321? the pilots will be airblues own...and will fly out of DXB...what do you guys think about this ?
ord
Registered Member

Re: A lil bit disturbing news about ED for me

Post by ord »

AirBlue wrote:I just got to know that from april ED...will be doing DXB-Turkey((IST most probably)-MAN....now why would some one fly that sector esp. on an A321? the pilots will be airblues own...and will fly out of DXB...what do you guys think about this ?
Weird. I have a hunch this might just have been a proposal floated, or it might be a move to protect their slots at MAN. So pax would come from LHE and ISB and connect at DXB to MAN. The Turkey stopover would definatly cut yeilds, but they might be able to get very good 5th freedom traffic as their is a lot of tourist traffic between EU and Turkey. I do not believe this proposal, it it goes through, will make much business sensce, as the competition is supplying nonstop and one-stop services to MAN.

I think a better idea is to go for A300-600s in the interim, fly nonstop PAK-EU and shift to A332s later on. There are plenty of A300-600s on the market and the lease rates are ultra-cheap.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

dxb-ist-man...not a good idea if u start ur journey from pak or man.

man shouldnt be started unless its nonstop.

rather use the a 321 on lhe-bkk route :!:
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

behramjee wrote:dxb-ist-man...not a good idea if u start ur journey from pak or man.

man shouldnt be started unless its nonstop.

rather use the a 321 on lhe-bkk route :!:
Even that should use a bigger aircraft. Once again, I think the A300-600s are ideal. They could go LHE-BKK-KUL DAILY and get very good yields. A321 is way too small an a/c for this route.

BKK= Lots of O/D, good connections to PVG, PEK, NRT, HKG, SIN, SYD, etc.
KUL= Lots of O/D.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

this is exactly what i was thinkin about .. .that before they were lookin for an A3o6 but i wonder why they are now planning to use an A321
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

i made a mistake :oops:

ED will be doing ISB-Turkey-MAN...the city in turkey is not sure yet but it is neither IST nor Ankara.....some small city onli for refueling....crew will slip in MAN for 2 days....there will be a daily flight to MAN...the A306's were not found by ED to do this sector....now r there really none ? cuz i remember some one mentioning that there were some available
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

AirBlue wrote:i made a mistake :oops:

ED will be doing ISB-Turkey-MAN...the city in turkey is not sure yet but it is neither IST nor Ankara.....some small city onli for refueling....crew will slip in MAN for 2 days....there will be a daily flight to MAN...the A306's were not found by ED to do this sector....now r there really none ? cuz i remember some one mentioning that there were some available
That's good news. If they were flying PAKISTAN-DXB-TURKEY-MAN, they would have been killed by EK for DXB-MAN traffic and killed by PK for Pakistan - Manchester/ traffic. If the price is right, people might choose ED over PK despite the extra stop.

It doesn't seem like they will be selling Manchester - Turkey flights (or will they)

Currently, I think there is a 1 x daily MAN-IST-MAN flight

Cheers
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

AirBlue wrote: the A306's were not found by ED to do this sector....now r there really none ? cuz i remember some one mentioning that there were some available
I do believe there are quite a few of them available and at very reasonable prices. A330s, now that's a different story!
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

there will be 200 pax. traveling in the A321's they will be flying in...so 200 board from ISB...only a fuel stop...no change in pax....and the aircraft will move on to UK
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Why not A310, atleast its widebody.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Why not A330, they are A330-200 available for leases?

http://www.planemart.com/listings.asp?t ... A330%2D200

A310 available on lease are

http://www.planemart.com/listings.asp?t ... A310%2D300

A300-600R are

http://www.planemart.com/listings.asp?t ... 0B4%2D600R

I think they should get 2 A300-600R on lease on ACMI lease to get the ball rolling, then switch to own crew and different leases aircrafts later.
Adnan Anwar
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

This is probably just a test flight just to test out the route.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

PK777 wrote:This is probably just a test flight just to test out the route.
Maybe, but dont you think that it's a route with a lot of pax. traveling all year long ?

Like pax. are traveling on BA, PIA, etc. from ISB to UK and mostly are headed to MAN. ED is trying to get that market as soon as they can.

I have a question:

If an A321 is prepared with 175 seats instead of 200, can it fly from ISB direct to MAN? or are there more modifications that need to be done?
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

Adnan, maybe its to do with the make of the engines?

Saad, it could do but the ISB-MAN route is busy all year round. Trying for non-stop is going to be hard with the A321.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

yea i know ... they shudve started LHE-BKK like Behramjee had mentioned before with the A321 instead of ISB-MAN via turkey