PALPA Election Result 2006-2008

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
inducedrag
Registered Member

PALPA Election Result 2006-2008

Post by inducedrag »

Pakistan Air Line Pilots' Association (PALPA) Election Result 2006-2008

President: Capt. Khalid Hamza
Vice President: Capt. Nayer Nazir
General Secretary: First Officer Arif Majeed

Joint Secretary:
Capt. Farooq Ahmad
2 Capt. Nadeem Ch.
3 First Officer T.M. Rabbani

Treasurer: First Officer Sadiq Rehman

Executive Members:
Capt. Jan
2 Capt. Irfan Faiz
3 Capt. Ayesha Rabia
4 Capt. Riffat Saeed
5 First Officer Aziz-ur-Rehman
6 First Officer Janjua
7 First Officer M. Khalid

Retired/Medically Grounded:
Capt. J.S.M. Sadiq
2 Capt. Masood Khalid
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Congrats to all newly elected PALPA officials! I'm happy to see names of Capt. J.S.M. Sadiq and Capt. Farooq Ahmad in the list :)
Last edited by Abbas Ali on Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

I've got a question.... perhaps Abbas Bhai you can answer this one.

I notice that there are two (possibly) female Captains mentioned in the above list... the second one being "Capt. Riffat Saeed". However all the articles I've read about PIA's first all female crew flight metioned that there is only one Female captain in PIA, that being Capt. Ayesha Rabia Naveed, whereas the other female pilots are still F/Os. Is she the only one?

Or is it possible that the name does not belong to a female pilot? as I believe this is one of those names that can be used for either sex.....
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

kamalla wrote:I've got a question.... perhaps Abbas Bhai you can answer this one.

I notice that there are two (possibly) female Captains mentioned in the above list... the second one being "Capt. Riffat Saeed". However all the articles I've read about PIA's first all female crew flight metioned that there is only one Female captain in PIA, that being Capt. Ayesha Rabia Naveed, whereas the other female pilots are still F/Os. Is she the only one?

Or is it possible that the name does not belong to a female pilot? as I believe this is one of those names that can be used for either sex.....
Riffat Saeed is a gentleman and Airbus A310 Captain.

Rifat Haye is lady First Officer on Boeing 747.

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Photos of some of the newly elected PALPA officials.
Capt. Johnny Sadiq

Capt. Farooq Ahmad

Capt. Ayesha Rabia (seen here as B747 First Officer) - Photo Copyright Umar Anis

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Hey great pic Please Update and post more pics,.
Fortune favours brave.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

palpa is now just a defunct body that has no control over the welfare of pilots . the only interest it secures for them is thru the pilots fund (podf) and other recreational facilities. capt bucha's term was a whole lot better where he somehow threw his weight around people in the management to do things that benefited them on a whole. if hed been in power asif raza would long have gone. now all office beares are novice as far as politicking is concerned and are just filling in a void cus the seniors do not want to step in as mere figure heads. palpa has a strong basis and matrix which just needs people to keep it up and running but management negotiations are no longer an active function until the ban on unions practices are lifted.
F.K
sheriyars
Registered Member

Post by sheriyars »

Quite right F.K.
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

PALPA is represented by Capt Ayesha Rabia for delivery flight of B777LR :wink:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

No compromise on safety of crew, passengers

IQBAL MIRZA

KARACHI (February 22 2006): Discreet service and safety of crew and passengers will be the hallmark of the newly-elected members of Pakistan Airline Pilots' Association (PALPA), said Captain Khalid Hamza, newly elected President of PALPA. He gave this assurance after oath-taking ceremony held at PALPA House here on February 18.

He categorically assured the members that flight safety would be his top priority, and promised to promote this cause with the help of highly qualified member pilots of the association.

He would "never compromise on the safety of crew and passengers," he emphasised firmly.

The annual general meeting and elections of PALPA for 2006-2008 were held in a very peaceful and cordial atmosphere where 81 percent of the total members cast their votes, displaying fellow feelings to send a message to all and sundry that they stand united.

Captain Hamza recalled that many attempts had been made in the past to break this unity, and warned that probably this "might happen again." But we have to stand together and confront any opposition we encounter," he said.

And for achieving this objective, he sought the co-operation of the members for "I cannot do it alone," he said.

He requested the members not to oppose the association for the sake of opposition. "We have to understand our importance as pilots. We are here to do our job honourably. We cannot afford to be made to suffer because of somebody's goof-ups," he said.

Turning to the Flight Operations Department of Pakistan International Airlines (pia), which is manned by the pilot members of PALPA, he emphasised that PALPA's office-bearers must not forget that they were also the equal members of that department and were not apart from them.

"All of us have been born and bred in this airline. We want it to flourish, " he said, adding that no one - not any individual should be able to foul up the reputation of Flight Operations Department.

He reminded the members that the management pilots were PALPA pilots being utilised by the management.

The PALPA President suggested to the members that the dignity of the association should not be dragged to the courts. No one should disgrace it in anyway. "If you have any grievances, put them on the table as the doors are always open for discussion and discourse any time," he said.

Captain Khalid Hamza also expressed his desire for mutual respect, decency, fairness and clarity of intent in dealings with the management and all allied agencies in the best interest of the pilots' community. The following office-bearers and executive committee members were declared elected:

President: Captain Khalid Hamza; Vice-President: Captain Nayyer Nazir; General Secretary: First Officer Arif Majeed; Joint Secretaries: Captain Farooq Ahmed, First Officer T.M. Rabbani, Captain Nadeem Choudhry; and Treasurer: First Officer Sadiq Rehman.

The following are Executive Committee members: Captain Jan Muhammad, Captain Irfan Faiz, First Officer Aziz-ur-Rehman, Captain Ayesha Rabia, First Officer Badar Janjua, Captain Riffat Saeed, First Officer M. Khalid, Captain M. Sadiq and Captain Masood Khalid.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2006