What happened to A300B4 pilots?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

My uncle was F/O on B4 and he first got promoted to 777, went to the training, passed the training with flying colors and came back to get the signiture from Asif Raza to start flying, Asif Raza rufused to sign it and sent him home. He then was promoted to 747, passed the 747 training and again Raza didn't sign the final papers. THen he got demoted back to 737 which he had flown before B4 and is now only getting 1 to two flights per month, if that.
On A300-B4 he got about 95-98 hours a month.
Maybe a name should be provided so other forum members with family in PIA can confirm this information. I think its not true, I am sure there is another side to the story. Plus 95-98 hours per month of flying, that sounds absurdly high, makes me think the info in inaccurate. Don't most pilots do around 65-70 hours per month.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Exactly, quite strage kind of story to me, I am not saying its not true but why did Asif Raza refuse his promotion? He should have contacted some other higher authoroties about the situation happening!
Adnan
Saleem Hatoum
Registered Member

Post by Saleem Hatoum »

de
Last edited by Saleem Hatoum on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

this story is falsified and debunked by its very subject matter. it is beyond CAA duty hours to fly more then 90 hours a month. and my father flew the b4 for 16 years straight and never in his flying carrer did he go beyond 75-80 hours that too when there were huge shortages during the hajj operation. secondly all the pilots that were sent for 777 training were pre approved by the then DFO raza and it would not have been possible for him to have countermanded the carreer plan that he was a signatory too specially after the training had been completed. the pilot in concern might have been in line for training on the777 or 747 but he could not have been trained fully on any of these equipments and then sent back on a smaller type.
F.K
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey guys, the story is not falsified because i was just in pakistan the whole month of december and that is what my uncle, the pilot, told me while i was staying at his house. I want to protect his name and that is why im not mentioning it. Also he doesn't know that I wrote about him on this website and he may not like it if i say his name.

Also about the flying hours. Yes it is true he did fly 95-98hours a month. Becuase at 100 hours a month the pilot is required to go for a medical checkup. I never said that he flew 98 hours every month but yes in the busy months he does fly 95-98 hours a month. That is what he told me.

My uncle has sent a letter of appeal to the president of Pakistan, God knows when that will be answered.

Believe what you guys want, i dont care. Im just telling you the what is happening with my uncle. Whether you want to believe me or make me out to be a liar is up to you.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

no ones calling u a liar. there are just some factual errors in your post. pia scheduling is not allowed to utilize a pilot beyond 90 hours a month as per strict caa directives for which even a waiver is not admissable. secondly your uncle might have been the rightful person for training on a higher equipment after the ab4 but once a pilot completes his training he is automatically rated on that equipment and starts flying. the training is approved by the dfo and he can make changes only before it starts, not after.
F.K
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

Amaad Lone wrote:
My uncle was F/O on B4 and he first got promoted to 777, went to the training, passed the training with flying colors and came back to get the signiture from Asif Raza to start flying, Asif Raza rufused to sign it and sent him home. He then was promoted to 747, passed the 747 training and again Raza didn't sign the final papers. THen he got demoted back to 737 which he had flown before B4 and is now only getting 1 to two flights per month, if that.
On A300-B4 he got about 95-98 hours a month.
Maybe a name should be provided so other forum members with family in PIA can confirm this information. I think its not true, I am sure there is another side to the story. Plus 95-98 hours per month of flying, that sounds absurdly high, makes me think the info in inaccurate. Don't most pilots do around 65-70 hours per month.
His orginal post provided enough information to find out who he is referring to, as for the veracity, only insiders can say. :wink: :wink: