What happened to A300B4 pilots?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

What happened to A300B4 pilots?

Post by AbdulAziz »

Asslam u alikum

I like to know What hapeened to A300B4 pilots???
R they promoted to B777s or B747s ??

before few days there was 3 pictures that General Musharraf giving awards to 3 PIA pilots. Can anyone thell why they got this awards?
Are there other with them who got it or they r thses 3 only??

The first officer Khoram Butt is he now working as first officer on B777s as in the picture provided by Omer Gilani before few monthes????

A.Aziz
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I like to know What hapeened to A300B4 pilots???
R they promoted to B777s or B747s ??
Most A300 pilots went to the 777 fleet, with the exception of a few who went to the 747s.

I am sure AN whose father is a captain on the 777s can inform us in more detail.

As for the awarding the three pilots, it was for the pilots who saved the A300 (AP-BBV) which went through decompression during a domestic flight.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Most of the A300B4 Captains moved to the B777. A few that were above the 55 year age mark moved to the B747. All F27 Captains and FOs that were on the B4s have returned to the the F27.

It is to be noted that Captain Rafiq Shaiqh and Captain Mahboob who were deprived of their rightful place on the B777 by Capt Asif due to their association with ex-DFO Capt Bakhtyar are currently undergoing B777 transition training in London and are the senior most members of the 777 crew.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

wouldn't that create a shortage on the 747s. the last three months pilots, captains specially have averaged around 70 to 80 hours which is grueling for a pilot in any part of the world. i was told that some 310 capts have been told to move on to the 747s , to meet the shortage. 747,777 promotions were in principal not related to age but preference and since most opted for the newer aircraft the management headed by asif raza hand picked their own favorites for the 777, although some wilfully wanted to move on to the jumbos for more relaxed flying . the past three months have been the busiest for 747 pilots amongst the ones from other fleet types because of the load of the hajj operation, retirements,medical groundings, added frequencys to london, newyork and introduction of flights to bkk and oslo.
F.K
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Thank u guys for ur replies

Can anyone tell the story of AP-BBV??

A.Aziz
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Can anyone tell the story of AP-BBV??
AP-BBV was born in Toulouse, France in 1981. It was intially known as SR.144, and was given a name G-BIMC by Sir Freddie Laker. Sir Freddie Laker took it to England to join the other family.

But G-BIMC only lived with Laker for a little while and Sir Freddie Laker, very upset with his financial condition decided to return it to Airbus.

Sr.144 lived sadly in Toulouse for two years and finally came PIA, and adopted it in 1984, where AP-BBV was given its present name, and joined five other A300s.

AP-BBV served with PIA until early 2005, at which point it was sold to a Turkish airline MNG.

Hope you enjoyed the story.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Amaad I enjoyed the story, thanks for writing all that. But I think Mr Aziz and and now me are asking about the incident of BBV for which the pilots were awarded, can you please narrate that as well?
Adnan
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

AP-BGL wrote: But I think Mr Aziz and and now me are asking about the incident of BBV for which the pilots were awarded, can you please narrate that as well?
Date: May 25, 2001

Time: 17:30

Type: Airbus A300B4-203

C/n: 144

Year built: 1981

Crew: 0 fatalities/? on board

Passengers: 0 fatalities/? on board

Total: 0 fatalities/255 on board

Phase: Cruise

Nature: Scheduled passenger

Flight: Lahore - Karachi

Flight number: PK-305

Remarks: The Karachi bound flight PK-305 took off from Lahore Airport at 17:00h. About half an hour later there was an explosion caused by the rupture of aft pressure bulkhead at the altitude of 28,000 feet. The broken components jammed the elevator control, ruptured the hydraulic lines and the fuel lines. The Airbus went into a climb and then went into a dive. The crew was able to recover the aircraft from the dive at 8,000 feet. The aircraft was turned back to Lahore and made an emergency landing. There were no serious injuries to the passengers or crew. Findings of investigation indicated that the pressure bulkhead failure was due to unnoticed corrosion caused by its proximity to a lavatory.

Info Source: Dr. Shazia

Website Link: http://www.historyofpia.com/accidents4.htm
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Asslam u alikum

Amaad Thanks 4 ur information but as BGL said I meant the cause of awarding.

thanks Abbas bhai for ur reply.

A.Aziz
sheriyars
Registered Member

Post by sheriyars »

AbdulAziz wrote:Asslam u alikum

Amaad Thanks 4 ur information but as BGL said I meant the cause of awarding.

thanks Abbas bhai for ur reply.

A.Aziz
The crew got the award for landing the plane safely.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

My uncle was F/O on B4 and he first got promoted to 777, went to the training, passed the training with flying colors and came back to get the signiture from Asif Raza to start flying, Asif Raza rufused to sign it and sent him home. He then was promoted to 747, passed the 747 training and again Raza didn't sign the final papers. THen he got demoted back to 737 which he had flown before B4 and is now only getting 1 to two flights per month, if that. THis is the same pilot who got an award from PIA for saving the lives of the passengers and crew of a fully loaded B4 that had engine failure seconds before V1 and managed to safely stop the aircraft. Upon investigation it was concluded that the engineers at Dubai made a mistake and if had not been for the him and the capt. the aircraft would have crashed seconds after takeoff. On A300-B4 he got about 95-98 hours a month. This is PIA politics my friends. With his age and experience with PIA of almost 17 years he should be Captain of 737 right now but is still F/O. This goes to show that if you dont suck ass in PIA and just do your flying, you wont get far.
Saleem Hatoum
Registered Member

Post by Saleem Hatoum »

de
Last edited by Saleem Hatoum on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheriyars
Registered Member

Post by sheriyars »

Saleem Hatoum wrote:So, you are saying that PIA spend close to $60,000 or more of Pakistani people's monies to train a pilot on two different types of heavy jets but didn't use him?
Not PIA ,but capt asif.

But i am sure hasson things will change now,and your uncle will be promoted in the near furture.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Yes they did waste $60,000 of people's money.

sheriyars= why do u think he will get promoted??
I know Asif Raza is not DFO anymore but i sure hope that you are right.

PIA received a letter from Boeing that Asif Raza landed the Record setting 777-200LR flight they made in november and he did not have that rating and thats why he was removed as DFO. My uncle, the pilot, told me this.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Hasson2k2 wrote:My uncle was F/O on B4 and he first got promoted to 777, went to the training, passed the training with flying colors and came back to get the signiture from Asif Raza to start flying, Asif Raza rufused to sign it and sent him home. He then was promoted to 747, passed the 747 training and again Raza didn't sign the final papers. THen he got demoted back to 737 which he had flown before B4 and is now only getting 1 to two flights per month, if that. THis is the same pilot who got an award from PIA for saving the lives of the passengers and crew of a fully loaded B4 that had engine failure seconds before V1 and managed to safely stop the aircraft. Upon investigation it was concluded that the engineers at Dubai made a mistake and if had not been for the him and the capt. the aircraft would have crashed seconds after takeoff. On A300-B4 he got about 95-98 hours a month. This is PIA politics my friends. With his age and experience with PIA of almost 17 years he should be Captain of 737 right now but is still F/O. This goes to show that if you dont suck ass in PIA and just do your flying, you wont get far.
Hi
very special story, why didn't he tried to tell it to his superiors for this injustice? Its only first time that happened or are there other pilots in this situation? Who is Asif Raza to refuse him? Who promoted him before Asif refusal? It is really revolting to hear this kind of stories. It is really absurd that two different people have these two reponsabilities separatly!!!!
:!: :?: :!: :x :!:
Last edited by flyingsystem on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.