Real 1st PIA 777-200LR Pic

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

PIA won't do the mistake again I think, i.e. to modify the livery again after introducing it. If they have given the same livery to LR then we should accept that there wont be any livery change.
Adnan
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I think you have not been following the discussions at this forum, a "New Tails" concept livery is to come out soon.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Ok, but for when?
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Yes, Indeed I was out of the forum for quite some time but if there was any new concept of tail to be shown then the current livery wouldn't have been painted on LR. What I was telling is that PIA would not do the mistake again to repaint the introduced livery.
Adnan
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

The mesage was menat for flyingsystem not you, since he rarely pops in he wouldnt know what hes missed.

It could be that PM did not like the concept and thought it unnecessary expenditure, plus PIA's trash union crowsd my have also given a forceful argument against it, so it may have been rejected.

They should just adopt Pashmina with new font like here, the urdu logo next to 'P' looks much better and the two really complement each other this way, the other way around they seem to clash and look odd:

flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

CoyBoy wrote:The mesage was menat for flyingsystem not you, since he rarely pops in he wouldnt know what hes missed.

My meaning was the same as AP-BGL! ...im on this forum sinds only a few days
:)
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Sorry Coyboy but that dosent do it for me, the white body makes the aircraft look like its been leased :wink: maybe continuing the design from the tail to the back fuselage (Qantas style) and similar thing to the engines..?
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Maybe they could have applied a motif from the design on teh fuselage in grey like Turkish Airlines have done.

The livery was brought in because the aircraft were leased, contract did not allow PIA to paint them in full livery, had CX allowed it you can rest assured Pashmina tail would never have happened and the 90's livery would have adorned the 743 fleet, only genius helped bring about the Pashmina design to give a uniform look to teh ENTIRE fleet, had the people incharge not been there the 743's would have been wearing plain green tail on leased look fuselage from day one.
umair_ayaz
Registered Member

Post by umair_ayaz »

You might be thinking that I am coward or a stupid, but my sixth sense is telling me that the tail of the PIA 777-200LR in the pic has been modified, it doesn’t blend with rest of the body. Plus, it’s correct that there is no point in painting the Pakistan flag at two different places on the aircraft. There is something fishy about this picture.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

umair_ayaz wrote:You might be thinking that I am coward or a stupid, but my sixth sense is telling me that the tail of the PIA 777-200LR in the pic has been modified, it doesn’t blend with rest of the body. Plus, it’s correct that there is no point in painting the Pakistan flag at two different places on the aircraft. There is something fishy about this picture.
If u wanna mean the pic have been modified, here is an other evidence of the "truth" of the photo:
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

i met a B777 Capt. and started the livery issue...he told me that they are trying that the livery doesnt change and that they are given a raise rather than wasting money on a new livery

i replied that the airline should come up with a design which sticks with it for a good 10 years and that will save money again as the airline is inducting more planes soon...instead of gettin the new planes on the current livery it is better to have a new one on them as they are delivered

and he replied by sayin that jab time ai ga to daikha jai ga :S
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

..."it already has the customers' lavatories and galleys in it. Shortly after it was handed off to us just a couple weeks ago, its custom interior was removed and will be put on display at the new Passenger Experience Center."
link: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777fam ... ight_test/

:( :( :(