Senate body directs PIA to introduce flights to Barcelona

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Senate body directs PIA to introduce flights to Barcelona

Post by Abbas Ali »

ISLAMABAD: Standing Committee on Defence has categorically directed to Chairman Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) for introducing PIA flights in January between Pakistan and Barcelona in the interest of overseas Pakistanis.

This was decided in meeting of standing committee on Defence held here in parliament house under the chairmanship of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain.

Chairman PIA ensured the committee that a delegation would visit Barcelona in the mid of January for a final decision to start this route. The committee was informed by the higher officials of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) about the construction of Islamabad International Airport, they said that this project will start by the end of 2006 and will be completed within four years; site in this regard has already been occupied by Civil Aviation Authority in District Attock's zone-II.

The committee was also briefed on the question raised by members of the committee about direct flights from Islamabad to Quetta; Chairman PIA ensured that he would try to solve this problem at earliest.

Source: The News (December 24, 2005)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

This is complete inappropriate, all this intervention in PIA. This is why PIA should be privatized so they can run their business without a thousand committees crying foul play. If it is viable to fly to barcelona, and PIA can make money, yes fly there. If PIA will loose money, don´t. As long as PIA runs socio-economical routes per definition by the CAA, PIA should not be more pressed by the government.
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

PK should code-share first to see how much demand there really is before they start KHI-LHE-FCO-BCN-AMS-FRA-ISB-KHI 2 weekly
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

KHI-LHE-FCO-BCN-AMS-FRA-ISB-KHI 2 weekly
hehehe

If it was upto me, I would make PIA fly 2 weekly A 310s ISB-DXB-BCN or KHI-DXB-BCN.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Behram Jee you have got Good Solution, and i must add LHE-DXB-GLA and ISB-DXB-GLA shold me LHE-GLA and ISB-GLA cause this load dont need any stopover.
Fortune favours brave.