The outgone DFO

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

if dara is even half as vindictive as he was, the guys gonna be out..!!
F.K
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Is ASIF going to be at chairmans meeting with the pilots?
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

CAA has given PIA a 7 day notice to give an explanation on the legality of Capt Asif's 777LR landing. The punishment for such a blatant abuse of authority is cancellation of his license.
bigmountain
Registered Member

Aif and landing the b777 LR

Post by bigmountain »

I must say that I don't really understand what all the fuss is about Capt Asif landing the LR. This is a milestone for Pakistan and PIA that the aircraft ordered by PIA is the current record holder for the longest flight and PIA is fortunate that it will get delivery of this aircraft early next year.

This aircraft had augumented crew on board and this flight was a test proving flight by Boeing , meetig all FAA and international regulations. Capt Asif was part of a crew of 5 sets of 2 crew each. As PIA was the launch customer, Boeing provided this opportunity for a PIA pilot to be at the controls for the takoff and landing. Capt Asif could have offered it to Capt Ilyas Malik. But who would give up such an opportunity. This was an opportunity to prove how magnaimous one could be .Alas it did not happen . One is only human and Capt Asif jumped at the chance.
This was not a revenue fllight without any fare paying passengers. People are exploring the outerspace whle some people are still in the dark ages arguing the legality of the flight . Please wake up guys and appreciate this opportunity for PIA and the PIA crew onbaord ( Capt Asif Reza and Capt Ilyas Malik) who are part of this history making flight whcih was under the command of a woman ;Capt Susan Darcy of Boeing

If anybody has any personal axe to gind about Capt Asif I.m sure they are other areas to probe , but I'm sorry CAA or Capt Dara should be worried about more important subjects

BM
BM
seize the moment!$
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

How can CAA do an inquiry on an aircraft registered in the US and was not even flying over Pakistani Airspace? The plane landed at Heathrow and since when does CAA has jurideuction on English soil? Am I missing some thing here?
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Yes a Pilot holding a Pakistani License with no type rating or simulator training history.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

bigmountain,just a few bedrock aviation flying rules imparted your way. boeing is nothing but an aircraft manufacturer which is by law amenable to the regulations laid down by the FAA that does NOT empower the company to hand off control to any person without a full rating on an equipment UNLESS it is being flown within the demarcated environs of the BOEING AIRFIELD. this was a record flight and capt asif acted in violation wanting to snatch the fortlight like some infantile 5 year old boy who wants to be like his daddy.

in the recent meeting with the pilots the chairman tried to defend asifs action by reading out an artcle by boeing that aimed at disclaiming the former dfo but pia pilots cannot be duped by rhetoric, they refuted the claims saying that unless faa gives a waiver no such powers are admissable
. he nearly sacked a captain on the 310 who was on the fagend of his transition, on the grounds of non qualification. so lets go by the book.
when is he standing before the commitee cheeta,any chance we can get a footage
F.K
bigmountain
Registered Member

Post by bigmountain »

In response to some who are somewhat over excited about Capt Asif's LR landing. There is no problem with a person without a valid rating. How do people first learn how to fly a plane. do they already have a rating. It is only due to cost that we use simulators . There is no restriction except cost in training on the aircraft than a simulator.Does a cadet pilot on the f-27 require a valid rating to manipulate the controls.The LR was a proving flight that is recorded in the Guiness book of records and other International aviation sites that keep records of such feats. People reqularly hire military aicraft in europe and US for joy rides . This does not require any sort of formal training . Private enterprise and People are exploring the outer space while some of us are still getting bogged down about something that they should be proud of and recorded in PIAs history books. I would really appreciate a reference that mentions these bedrock rules that some are getting a bit carried away with.
BM
seize the moment!$
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

simply put..his tenure as DFO will go down in history as probably the worst..none of the pilots liked him..and his illegal landing of the LR was the icing on the cake..i'd love to see him have his license suspended...
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

bigmountain,
If you are trying to explore a technical loop hole then really there is no end to the argument. As a DFO he should have been aware of the repercussions of such a selfish move.

When aircaft come to Pakistan for Demo flights unrated PIA pilots are given speacial permission by the CAA to manouver the controls.

Having a go at the controls when a PIA 777 instructor captain was available is just outlandish.

PAK CAA and PALPA have taken strong notice of this and are demanding FAA approval.

Capt Asif this is the end of your joy ride.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

I have read this thread only today.

All I see is bad mouthing, yelling and cursing.

This is not a online JULSA, just a discussion forum. Keep you personal conflict to yourself and CHILL.
Adnan Anwar