I am flying ORD-KHI-Question about visiting the cockpit

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

I am flying ORD-KHI-Question about visiting the cockpit

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey guys,

I am soo excited to go to Pakistan on November 29th from Chicago to Karachi. But before I left, I wanted to ask if anybody can tell me how I can visit the cockpit. I have never been in the 777 cockpit and would be THRILLED to visit it, of course any and all photos will be posted ASAP :D

I heard that you have to make a flight log or something. But I dont know so if anyone has any tips or procedures on how to actually get into the cockpit that would be AWESOME!!

Thanks in advance!!
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

If you are flying Business class, it will be a lot easier. Otherwise, you may politely request one of the flight attendents and they may ask the captain. I do not know who is taking that flight to Manchaster, if I knew the captain, I might be able to help you. Word of caution, let the plane attain it's cruising altitutude and after the food has been served before you ask. Bon Voyage!
Last edited by PakN'US on Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey thanx for the tip, yea it would have been awesome if you knew the captain, but thanks for the offer.

I"ll try to post photos as soon as I can.

I heard that you are supposed to make a flight log of some sort or something liek that. Any one else know anything?
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

PK794 ORD-MAN is being operated by Capt Adil.

Getting the permission to visit the flightdeck is all dependent on timing.

Ask only when the plane is well into cruise, when the Pilot workload is the lowest.

Also its better to ask after the Cabin crew has served and collected the meal trays. Wait till they are just chilling on their jump seats.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Capt. Adil is a really charming person....it will be easier if you do follow cheetah's instructions...i flew with him....he let me sit on take-off on the MAN-YYZ sector :D
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Hasson2k2, hope you have nice & pleasant flight with PIA :)
AirBlue wrote:Capt. Adil is a really charming person....it will be easier if you do follow cheetah's instructions...i flew with him....he let me sit on take-off on the MAN-YYZ sector
PIA Boeing 777-240ER (registration AP-BGL) flying under the command of Capt. Adil on September 14, 2004 - Photo taken by Saad Asad Cheema (forum member AirBlue)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

Captin ADIL is the best. I got into the cockpit with him. He explained everything. Truly a nice guy! Just type a log sheet and show it to one of the MALE f/a's. I never liked the females. And on the log sheet tell them how you are an aviation enthusiast and love to see the cockpit!
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey guys thanks for the tips!!

BUt what is a log? Can anyone give me a specific example or does anyone have a log that they have?

Also AIRBLUE how were you able to get into the cockpit on take-off?? What exactly did you do to get at that time?

Thanks!!
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

well one thing reference of my father.....and secondly the aviation enthusiasm....and just be polite....do use the word 'sir' wen u refer to him.....it is always helpful
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Last time I was in B777 cockpit was enroute from ORD to MAN and when I entered the flight deck, I addressed the a..h... on the left seat as oye Ga.....; only because he was my class fellow from kindergarten to College in Lahore. I would not advise that to you hasson2k2
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

PakN'US wrote:Last time I was in B777 cockpit was enroute from ORD to MAN and when I entered the flight deck, I addressed the a..h... on the left seat as oye Ga.....; only because he was my class fellow from kindergarten to College in Lahore. I would not advise that to you hasson2k2

Hahahaha that would seriously cause a huge penalty on those who dont know....
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

hehehe yea i'll be sure not to call him oy Ga.

Actually my father was an engineer in PIA for 19 years and my grandfather and uncle were the Chief of Engineering and Director of Engineering in PIA. So I'll put that in my log.

Airblue who is your father? I'm sorry but I do not know.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Hasson2k2 wrote:hehehe yea i'll be sure not to call him oy Ga.

Actually my father was an engineer in PIA for 19 years and my grandfather and uncle were the Chief of Engineering and Director of Engineering in PIA. So I'll put that in my log.

Airblue who is your father? I'm sorry but I do not know.
That might really be a help....Capt. Adil might know your dad but u never know...

and my father used to be a PIA Twinotter Capt. He was that for about 9 years without raise in pay and promotion but now he is in Airblue, hence forum member Airblue :P and that i guess answers ur questioin :)
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

A bit off topic here, AirBlue that pic is from Wacker Drive Chicago. I live only 4 blocks fom that place
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

true...i'd say ask one of the junior flight pursers..NOT the senior purser..he wont really be all that helpful...just tell the purser ur an aviation enthusiast..true..air blue's right..even i get in using my Dad's name..so i'd say it gives me a bit of leverage..but u'll get in..dont worry...and do post the pics once u get back !