New Islamabad International Airport Project

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: New Islamabad International Airport Project

Post by Abbas Ali »

Today, during Senate Session Chairman Senate Raza Rabbani expressed anger when Minister Incharge for Aviation Division was unable to answer when New Islamabad International Airport is going to become operational.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Corrigendum in December 16 newspaper:

Request for expression of interest (EoI) for consultancy services for construction of supervision of rainwater harvesting Kasana Dam at Islamabad International Airport (IIAP)

With reference to advertisement published on December 13, 2017, on the above subject the words in the subject of advertisement and mentioned in its para 1 may be please read as "Construction Supervision" instead of "Construction/Supervision". Other details/clauses shall remain same.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Abbas

See you at:
zaminabs
Registered Member

Post by zaminabs »

The airport opening date is constantly being pushed back, I have to admit that I'm not optimistic of a Q1 2018 opening.

Another point, will people actually use the Metro to get to airport? Can't see expats like myself using the metro to get to the airport. Also will the daewoo coach network be linked to the airport?
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

zaminabs wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm The airport opening date is constantly being pushed back, I have to admit that I'm not optimistic of a Q1 2018 opening.

Another point, will people actually use the Metro to get to airport? Can't see expats like myself using the metro to get to the airport. Also will the daewoo coach network be linked to the airport?
Well I dont think Metro is going to be used that much for airport. It will benefit those however, living in newly populated sectors of Islamabad. Do you think in Pakistani culture, it would be looked as good that someone dear to you is coming from abroad after years and you go to receive them using public transport, when you have your own car. Ever see those from far areas coming in wagons to receive their beloved ones.

Daewoo will surely launch a link service to new airport. They are currently in ideal location to link it (located almost at entrance to motorway), out of main city crowd.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

Caution sign for keeping low beam is dangerous as hell. Why the hell the road is constructed in such way?? Pakistanis can't even inhale oxygen without high beam!!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news reports, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) board meeting on December 21 chaired by Secretary Aviation Irfan Elahi received three proposals from Rawalpindi District administration for acquisition of land for the construction of third runway at New Islamabad International Airport.

The proposals will be presented at CAA board meeting for selection and approval.

Abbas

See you at:
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

zaminabs wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 pm The airport opening date is constantly being pushed back, I have to admit that I'm not optimistic of a Q1 2018 opening.

I will, definitely. Why to bother ppl at late hours. Since introduction of Uber/Careem in Isb, i use these for pick and drop from the airport.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) tender notice in December 23 newspaper for the provision of four additional watch towers at Islamabad International Airport (IIAP) - Islamabad.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Notice in January 6 newspaper, looks like court case/appeal related to land acquisition in Fateh Jang for New Islamabad International Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Wants to Make New Islamabad International Airport as its Hub

CEO PIA Dr. Musharraf Rasool Cyan said the new Islamabad airport could be the new hub Pakistan desperately needs as it looks to boost tourism after losses due to terrorism, and a precarious security situation turned away local as well as foreign tourists.

“We want to make (the new) Islamabad airport a hub,” Cyan said, adding the airport would cater to passengers travelling from Europe, Africa as well as China and Asia Pacific countries.

“If we find it appropriate, we would improve connectivity (through code sharing) with other airlines,” he said.

The PIA chief executive said the national carrier – for long a burden on Pakistan’s fiscal operations – would play a major role in determining the success of the new Islamabad airport. “It has been observed that airports and airlines are grown side by side … PIA would remain the key airline for Islamabad, which would remain only a terminal destination for foreign airlines,” he said.

These days, PIA is developing its office and booth at the airport with a recently extended credit line of Rs13.5 billion from commercial banks and backed by state sovereign guarantee.

Source: tribune.com.pk

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

International and domestic cargo complex/terminal at New Islamabad International Airport.

Systems/equipment being tested at New Islamabad International Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) tender notice in January 16 newspaper for establishment, operations and maintenance of Cafeteria in Cargo Building at Islamabad International Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

The pace this airports construction and opening is progressing, most of the equipment will be completely obsolete by the time this airport opens.
Adnan Anwar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) invitation to bid in January 20 newspaper for provision of manpower services for development of horticulture/landscaping work at Islamabad International Airport Project.

Abbas

See you at: