Airblue adds second flight to Dubai

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Airblue adds second flight to Dubai

Post by Abbas Ali »

KARACHI, Oct 7 (APP): The private sector airline, Airblue, has started operating second flight to Dubai, raising the frequency to two flights daily.

Nasir Ali, Director Commercial Airblue said Friday that it was in conformation with National Aviation Policy as laid down by the Government of Pakistan.

He said Airblue is expanding its flights and plans to start flights from Islamabad and Lahore commencing by the end of this month.

The airline is fulfilling its commitment and following the schedule strictly, he added.

Source: Associated Press of Pakistan
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

This leaves the million $ question. Where are the planes?
Moin Abbasi
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Exactly.....two are serving KHI-ISB/LHE/PEW/UET/DXB and one is out to Africa as the UN charter for now
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

ED's currently fly:

KHI-LHE 2 daily
KHI-ISB 2 daily
KHI-UET daily
KHI-PEW 4 weekly
KHI-DXB 2 daily

ED maybe getting more planes as they are due to start LHE/ISB/PEW - DXB soon.
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

any news when will airbus start delivering the 8 A320s and 2 A330s.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

how many pilots does airblue currently have on its payroll ?
one thing i appreciate about air blue is the fact that they've emplyed paki national unlike shaheen and aero asia which have foreign pilots...
plus..how many PIA pilots have left PIA for air blue ? any idea ? Airblue ? a little help here please..
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

To my knowledge most of airblue's pilots are ex-PAF pilots (retired).
Adnan
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

AP-BGL is correct. My father and another pilot have left PIA for ED. Besides that one of the crew members is from the Navy, one is a civilian (used to fly in Australia) and i think two are from Army or maybe one. They have like 16 Capt's and 12 F/O's i think (not too sure about the figures). What i know is that the pilots are flying 6 days a week right now (max. flying days allowed in a row) and some of them are completing about 90hrs flown in a month. It is normal for the pilots to have KHI-UET-KHI (602/3) and then KHI-LHE/ISB-KHI (406/7 or 208/9) in the same day flying. It's pretty hectache. I think there are alot of applicants but i dont think they want to add alot of people and then keep paying them if they can get work done with all of these i suppose its good. Oh yea, one of the pilots is from Qatar Airways aswell.