Info on PIA Economy Plus?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
piafan
Registered Member

Info on PIA Economy Plus?

Post by piafan »

Does anyone know difference between PIA economy and Economy plus? is this something new they have introduced and is it on all international routes?..how is the price difference? and is it worth it based on anyones experience?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I'm flying in Eco+ to KHI from ISB later this evening. I'll let you know. The most visible difference is the 5kg extra baggage allowance.
Moin Abbasi
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

I have seen the 777 economy+, they have exactly the same seats with no extra leg room. For international flights they give a CD and meal is slightly different. In my opinion it is a total waste of money.

I saw GlOBALPIA's pictures of A310's economy plus. They have wider seats with extra leg room. But I dont think it was done in all A310s. Only a few aircrafts have this new economy+.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

I have been on the 74M and 743 economy plus, the only thing is that they are on the upper deck. Food is slightly better, and they give a glass instead of a plastic cup, and they also give those business class kits out as well. Other than that, the seats are exactly the same as economy class.

Economy plus was introduced in July 2003.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

It's definately not worth it. It's a horrible product, exactly the same as Eco except 5kg extra of baggage allowance and slightly better food. No extra leg room. Go for Business Class it's worth the extra cash, unlike Eco+.
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Falcon598 wrote:It's definately not worth it. It's a horrible product, exactly the same as Eco except 5kg extra of baggage allowance and slightly better food. No extra leg room. Go for Business Class it's worth the extra cash, unlike Eco+.
How much would a J class ticket on PIA from JFK to KHI cost in the off-season?
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I usually fly from JFK-LHE or ISB, but there shouldn't be such a big difference in ticket price so I would say maybe around $2,000 for a round tripin J. Maybe slightly less since it will be in the off-season. We piad about $2,300 -$2,400, this time, but it was in the peak season and we got last minute tickets. But I would assume they would be $2k or a little less. The best thing to do would be to call a local travel agent and request a quote from them, they usually have the right prices. Now if you want to go on lets say Emirates they go for $5,000 per ticket, PIA is better if you want a direct flight to PK.
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Hi,

Just paid $1,911 J class (DFW-)ORD-KHI-IAH(-DFW) per ticket for the upcoming high season.
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

SalamPaks

Does this price include doemstic add on and all the taxes? Where do you buy the tickets from?

Junaid
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Thanks for the info folks....

SalamPaks,
Is that before or after taxes?
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Also Malaysia Airlines has a good offer for Business class from New York or Newark to Karachi, here is a link to the promotion: http://www.malaysiaairlinesusa.com/mys/ ... 20pakistan

Really good price considering Malaysia Airlines is a five star airline.
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Falcon598 wrote:Also Malaysia Airlines has a good offer for Business class from New York or Newark to Karachi, here is a link to the promotion: http://www.malaysiaairlinesusa.com/mys/ ... 20pakistan

Really good price considering Malaysia Airlines is a five star airline.
Whats their routing from LAX to KHI?
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

They fly to LAX via Taipei dont know if all flights are routed this way.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Travelled on a B743 on the LHR-LHE route one-way back in 2003, i believe the PIA B747s have their Eco+ in the upper decks with slight more leg room, an aminety kit and some extra baggage allowance.

My view its not worth the extra few $$ as there is not much difference in service or product on board PIA.

BTW, wasn't this service going to be dropped afew years ago ?? :?: