Status of PIA A300 Fleet

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Status of PIA A300 Fleet

Post by Amaad Lone »

Does anyone know if the six A300s are still going to Turkey??

These planes have been grounded for a good six months, and most are still in PIA livery.

Could it be possible that these planes will be used on the 2006 Hadj season???

These six A300s could easily match the capacity of four 747-200s, allowing PIA to save a couple of million dollars in lease payments for the Hadj season.

Plus these A300s would allow PIA to operate direct Hadj flights from smaller airports like Quetta, Peshawar and Faisalabad.

Considering these planes have been through some major maintainance checks, it would be a waste to keep them on the ground while the airline spends a huge amount on leasing in similar equipment.
Suleman
Registered Member

PIA FLEET

Post by Suleman »

i agree with you. PIA is really taking wrong decisions!

They operate A310 the worst plane on the europe destinations. NO PTV screen no enterainment. I would go for A332 is much better.

PIA charges high ticket prices but they do nothing to there image.
They have to upgrade there fleet. :(
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

huh ?
the A310's are'nt bad at ALL first off..and PIA's fares are the lowest in the region if i may..please research well before you speak :D
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

the A310's are'nt bad at ALL first off..and PIA's fares are the lowest in the region
i agree with you. PIA is really taking wrong decisions!

They operate A310 the worst plane on the europe destinations. NO PTV screen no enterainment. I would go for A332 is much better.
Charliedelta11 and Suleman, please try to stick to the subject.

This discussion is about the future of the A300 fleet, and not PIA fares from Europe or the condition of the A310 fleet.

Thank you
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

ALL PIA A300 pilots have been returned to the F27. The FEs are waitlisted for the B747 transition training. There is a rumor that Flyair, will take over some of these and operate the Hajj for PIA.
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

The BCL is still not been sold yet.

It would be a better proposition to fly it for this yrs hajj opertion then to keep it stored in lahore. Rather the AYW should also have stayed till the end of this yr hajj operation

For the A300, all six could have stayed till the end of this yrs hajj operation and could have saved couple of million dollars but so is not the case and no idea when those birds will finally go to turkey.

PIA should have sell the six A300 and the 2 747 s after this yrs hajj operation. so much waste of money on leasing out planes when we already had the resourses ! anyways
VC10
Registered Member

Post by VC10 »

I agree with Amaad and Hasan.The decision to ground and maintain aircraft such as the A300-B4s whilst at the same time leasing extra capacity for Hajj operations seems, sadly to a foreigner, typical of the confused and illogical mis-management of what could easily become a 4-star ( Skytrax) airline.

Salam, Mike.
alipia
Registered Member

MNG CARGO

Post by alipia »

Many of Airbus fleet have been taken over by MNG,a turkish cargo airlines which is flying from turkey to asian destinations.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

ALL PIA A300 pilots have been returned to the F27.
The fact that PIA wants to wet-lease turbo-props from this winter might be to free up F.27 pilots which were type rated for the A300s during Hadj 2005.

These F.27 pilots might end up operating some of the grounded A300s for Hadj flights.

Amaad
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Could the ex-Philippines A300 in a photo taken by Aroosh at KHI be here for spares to be taken for one of PIA's 300's?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

That ex-Philippines A300 is converted into a cargo aircraft with installation of large cargo door. I guess MNG or some other airline purchased it from somewhere and sent it to Karachi for some maintenance checks.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: MNG CARGO

Post by Abbas Ali »

alipia wrote:Many of Airbus fleet have been taken over by MNG,a turkish cargo airlines which is flying from turkey to asian destinations.
Why's there delay in delivery of these A300s to their Turkish buyer. Is Senate's Standing Committee still creating hurdles in this deal?
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Falcon598
Registered Member

Re: MNG CARGO

Post by Falcon598 »

Abbas Ali wrote:
alipia wrote:Many of Airbus fleet have been taken over by MNG,a turkish cargo airlines which is flying from turkey to asian destinations.
Why's there delay in delivery of these A300s to their Turkish buyer. Is Senate's Standing Committee still creating hurdles in this deal?
Thats what I am thinking, they always have to bring up some dumb issue like, why did we buy 777s instead of A340s, they should be focusing on other issues in the country like, lack or clean water, poverty, education, etc.