Corruption in PIA pilot selection?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

You're not going to get any names. It's a matter of privacy for them, I don't see why you need to know.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

AN wrote:Oh and im still waiting on the names of the people who get int he back door. If you can come up with something good there I might take you more seriously, but so far you havent even been able to PM me a single name.
You didn't take me seriously here either: viewtopic.php?t=7278&highlight=

(I'm referring to posts 5 - 10 on that topic)
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

In the British forces " promotion" depends on who you are and who you know ? Most corrupted promotion system in the world .They do not give damn about qualifications ... if your face fit .. than you got it... I know because I was in British force. Son of Lord or Lady or Sir,.... want to become fighter pilot.... hardly any A level or university degree ...... no problem ...... You got it boy !!!!
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

Adnaan:
So are you saying the selection process leans towards those fortunate to have spent 1000s of hours in a cockpit? So it leans towards the sons/daughters/family/friends of the cockpit crew in that case because most ordinary folk aren't fortunate enough to have that kind of experience?
who do u think has a better idea about the life of a pilot ? or the intense requirements commercial flying requires ? a guy i pick up from the street who wants to become a pilot OR the son/daughter of a pilot who has travelled not once but a number of times and been on the flightdeck ? Some people only THINK they are prepared for the lifeof a pilot and go ahead wit it..while they are'nt..remember..whe ur inducted..a large amount of money is being spent on you by the airline to train u..so while induction is going on th airline needs o make sure the people selcted have had exposure toa CERTAIN degree atleast...

what i dont get is..the info ur giving out on how certain people have entered through the 'back channels'..is true only in the management..pilot selection is a different matter all together..here testing of skills is required..your job description is way different from that of a guy who goes and works in an office..where even common sense might help him get through a 9-5 job..here you are..with NO affiliation with the aviation industry..arguing with someone who has been through the rigors of selection etc and IS a pilot..why the hostility ?
chaudhry
Registered Member

Post by chaudhry »

dont forget the person in the flightdeck whom u are comparing to a 'guy' in the street was himself just a 'guy' in the past as well. its not about being the son or a daughter of a pilot. its about desire. it is true that those who have their family members /relatives/close friends flying commerical planes live in close proximity to the knowledge that will help them become aviators.it DOES NOT , by any means, entitle them. SOPs, flight deck visits, heck you could talk about planes all day long but when that 'guy' in the street becomes a pilot, i dont think so that makes him very different from the one born to a pilot. now please dont start on professionalism among them because i think he has something in it that has enabled him to sit in there and fly that airplane.

you can , i am sure , single out a lot of pilots currently flying in Pakistan Intl. who were just 'guys' in the street. they are doing just as well like all the other 'born-aviators' , if you would like to call them as such.

Charliedelta11
so while induction is going on th airline needs o make sure the people selcted have had exposure toa CERTAIN degree atleast...
completely inaccurate. many of the senior pilots -not all- we have today have not had any knowledge about aviation. i can give u the names if you want. all they had was the desire. hell some did not even have that.

so if you state that at present, only those who have had substantial flying knowledge get selected and not the ones with out any past experience, where do you think the fault is ? i think it rests with the ones who select them. its their , I can call it, biased decisions because in front of them , there is a person sitting whom they know one way or another . after all, that person has already read so many SOPs, visited flight deck countless times etc etc.

i am not being an antagonistic. its just that when some tries to defend a system that has so many loop-holes in it, its just a little hard to digest.
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

chaudry you have misunderstood charliedelta.
He is not saying that some (as you put it) "guy off the street" cannot be as good, or will never be the same as someone who has first hand experience.

He is simply saying that during the initial period, a person with more experience has a slight advantage over a person without any experience. thats stating the obvious, and really isnt anything to argue over.