UAE - End Of The Oldies!

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

UAE - End Of The Oldies!

Post by PK777 »

As of January 1, 2007, no aircraft older than 25 years of age will be allowed to operate to UAE airports.

In addition, regardless of age the following types are banned.

737-200
727-xxx
L1011
707-xxx
A300 only considered on case by case basis.

From the UAE GCAA Annual General Meeting.

Now what about Aero Asia and Shaheen B737-200Adv ?? How old are they could this new law ban the airline's aircrafts ??

Source:
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2314487/
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

it says regardless on age.....so that mean no DHL activity between PAK-UAE cuz they flew the B727......as far as shaheen as aero asia are concerned......they are in a fix..... It says no B737-200 ...... regardless of age......aero asia can fly thier DC-9's and use the B737-200's within pakistan but shaheen dont havec anything except the B732's.....i guess we will be seeing new induction of a/c's in shaheen and aero asia soon
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

very interesting. I think that most of the airlines flying into UAE use newer aircrafts anyway except maybe DHL and Shaheen and Aero Asia as mentioned so no major hu ha would be raised. I wonder if the Russian made ac's will come in some of those categories or not as quite a few of them use Sharjah for some thing or the other.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

And there are B742 and 741 which are also having age more than 25 years, what about them? I am not confirmed if any airline operates its 741/742 there in UAE.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

What is the reason for banning such kind of aircraft? Force Airlines to buy new aircrafts?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

May be to have a quiter and cleaner airspace ? well quiter i might take my words back as with so much traffic, how can it be quite ?:P
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

AirBlue wrote:May be to have a quiter and cleaner airspace ? well quiter i might take my words back as with so much traffic, how can it be quite ?:P
Saad u could be right. i think i read somewhere that the older engines on the 737-200 are louder than the newer ones. and if im not mistaken i think England was also planning on doing something like that. im not sure though, i could be wrong.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Well I saw a Saudia 747-100 at DXB when I was there last month, as well as rows of 727's parked near the cargo and pvt a/c areas, alongwith TU-154's and those huge Antonov cargo planes. What about the ruskie a/c? They're the noisiest. How come no mention of them?
Moin Abbasi
PK
Registered Member

Post by PK »

it's only DHL, Aero Asia or Sheheen Air using the older aircrafts to UAE. This policy is not specific to these carriers.

Most of the Central asian state's airlines use the most outdated aircrafts to UAE as well as to some other destinations. If you ever happen to go to terminal-2 at DXB, you can imagine how new and clean aircarfts are operated by Pakistani carriers as compared to the ones operated by breakaway republics of former soviet union.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

well this means that both Aero Asia and Shaheen Air thankfully will be forced into getting newer aircraft integrated into their fleet if they hope to continue flying to UAE from Pakistan.

Good thing PIA retired their ageing AB4s in time hehehe.

Also I think this ban is for commercial pax jets and not cargo...though am not 100% sure in this regard.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

And what about Saudi 741? Is that of more than 25 years in age?
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

aeroasia & Shaheen consider their fleets among the most modern ones :D
Salam to All .....Raza
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

raza wrote:aeroasia & Shaheen consider their fleets among the most modern ones :D
I know they really do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: haha! LMFAO