No mention of ED on Airbus website

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

No mention of ED on Airbus website

Post by Moin »

I've searched through the entire Airbus website and cannot find any mention of this deal by ED. Someone here mentioned it as appearing on some excel sheet. Where can I find that? I would have thought that a 10 a/c deal, especially by a Pakistani carrier would have been considered newsworthy.
Moin Abbasi
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Aircraft are likely being acquired from Airbus Leasing, which I don't believe issues press releases when aircraft are ordered. This is esp. likely the case, as the A330 is supposed to be arriving by November of this year, for the UK operation to start.

NOTE: This is just speculation, I don't actually now why it is not on the Airbus website.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Dear Moin,

You can access the Excel Sheet through this URL:
http://www.airbus.com/en/corporate/orde ... eliveries/

The file is about 826 KB and link can be found at bottom of the page under the chart named Summary of orders & deliveries

Hope you will get the file download but don't have any confirmation about ED's order mentioned in that Excel file.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

To be honest, i myself cant belive this statement that ED is flying to UK from November; i dont know, its seems to good to be true, doesnt it ?
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I believe that Airbus has not posted the order on their website ,because the order has not been made official yet, I think.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Here i found some that was on the ED site:

http://www.airblue.com/Corp/050804_dailytimes.htm

ISLAMABAD, Aug 04: Airblue will purchase eight Airbus A320-200 and two Airbus A330-200 aircraft from Airbus Industries for an estimated cost of $ 790 million.

It was told by Chief Operating Officer-Air Blue, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in a press conference here Thursday after signing the deal with Vice President Sales-Airbus, Abdellah Sbai.
Khaqan Abbasi said that Airblue currently operates three A320 aircraft and is the first operator of the Airbus A320 aircraft in Pakistan. He said the Airblue has completed a year of the successful operation on the A320 with over 98 per cent reliability for its fleet.

Abbasi said the deal for the private sector in Pakistan Aviation has been made possible by the recent allocation of International routes to the private airlines by the Ministry of Defence and Civil Aviation Authority. "The new Airbus A320 aircraft will be used for additional frequencies and destinations on domestic and regional routes, while the new Airbus A330 aircraft will be used for newly allocated routes to the United Kingdom," he added.

Airblue and Airbus signing ceremony in Islamabad for the acquisition of 10 airbus aircrafts. Stephane Latieute,Director Sales; Abdullah Sabi, Vice President Sales of Airbus; Airblue COO, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi; and Jehangir Siddiqui shaking on the deal.

The new generation Airbus A320 aircraft have fly-by-wire technology and will have a configuration of 20 seats in Business class and 126 seats in Economy class. They will be equipped with the latest in Cabin IFE and gallery equipment.

The new-generation wide-body Airbus A330 aircraft have fly-by-wire technology and will have a configuration of 30 seats in Business Class and 248 seats in economy class. They will be equipped with the latest on In-Seat IFE and Gallery Equipment. The deal also includes a support package to provide training to Airblue Pilots, Engineers and Cabin crew at Airbus facilities.

"Airblue will be able to start induction of additional aircraft on routes to the Gulf and United Kingdom from November 2005", Abbasi said. He said the induction of these aircraft will provide join opportunities to over 600 Pakistani aviation professionals including pilots, engineers and ground staff.

He hoped that annual additional contribution to the National

GDP is estimated to be over Rs.5 billion. app

AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Can anyone figure out the pitch and all of the seats with the number of seats for the A330's?
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Falcon598 wrote:I believe that Airbus has not posted the order on their website ,because the order has not been made official yet, I think.
You are correct. The airblue order is still in the "pending" stage, meaning that an initial commitment has been made, but a formal LoI has not yet been signed. When that happens, Airbus will post the order on their website.

The same happened when PIA ordered the 777s, the order did not show up on the Boeing website until the LoI was signed, which was much later than the announcement of the initial decision.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

If their order is still pending and no LOI has even been signed as yet, how can they expect to take delivery of those 2 A332's in Nov? Once a formal LOI has been signed and an order placed, it takes a good 6 months before the first a/c is delivered and as of now theres only about a month left before Nov. That is unless they're purchasing slightly used or white tail a/c which are currently in posession of some airline and hence not seen on the Airbus Asset Management page, but inspite of that, the a/c need to be repainted and configured to ED's specifications and that would require more than a month for 2 a/c of this size.

I sincerely hope this is not one of those major bluffs, having been concieved by ED in order to avoid the stick of the CAA which has already apparently struck Aero Asia and Shaheen.
Moin Abbasi
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Moin wrote:If their order is still pending and no LOI has even been signed as yet, how can they expect to take delivery of those 2 A332's in Nov? Once a formal LOI has been signed and an order placed, it takes a good 6 months before the first a/c is delivered and as of now theres only about a month left before Nov. That is unless they're purchasing slightly used or white tail a/c which are currently in posession of some airline and hence not seen on the Airbus Asset Management page, but inspite of that, the a/c need to be repainted and configured to ED's specifications and that would require more than a month for 2 a/c of this size.

I sincerely hope this is not one of those major bluffs, having been concieved by ED in order to avoid the stick of the CAA which has already apparently struck Aero Asia and Shaheen.
You are right, they are not going to recieve any a/c for some time, even after the LOI is signed. I think their short-term plan is to wet-lease additional aircraft. If you read the article posted by airblue, there is a clear mention of them leasing some aircraft in the near future:
"Airblue will be able to start induction of additional aircraft on routes to the Gulf and United Kingdom from November 2005", Abbasi said.
That being the case, I think they are going to wet-lease some aircraft on a short-term basis. I doubt they can dry lease an A330 in the next month and have crew ready for a November launch for UK services.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

btw....my frend just told me that the plan is most probably delayed till summers 2006, maybe thats why airbus doesnt have it up yet ?