Pakistan Restricts Entry of Passengers from UK Due to New Strain of Coronavirus

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan Suspends Entry of Passengers from UK Due to New Strain of Coronavirus

Post by faisal-777 »

I still see Virgin flying in and out of ISB. Did they overturn the decision of not letting anyone from UK to enter Pakistan?
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan Suspends Entry of Passengers from UK Due to New Strain of Coronavirus

Post by adamalikhan »

faisal-777 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:22 pm I still see Virgin flying in and out of ISB. Did they overturn the decision of not letting anyone from UK to enter Pakistan?
The restriction had a few exceptions, ie those holding a Pakistani passport with certain visas were still able to travel. The temporary restriction is in place until midnight 29/12. Not seen any information re its extension as of yet.

So my understanding is passengers who could travel have been travelling from the UK and then from Pakistan any passengers that were booked to travel have been returning as normal as there is no restrictions on those wanting to leave Pakistan for the UK.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan has extended restrictions on travelers from UK for another week till January 4, 2021.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistani authorities have identified new strain of coronavirus in three passengers who arrived from UK.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Today, Federal Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad was informed that passengers arriving from UK are properly monitored for coronavirus by authorities in Pakistan.

Abbas

See you at:
t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

adamalikhan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am
Tiger90210 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:52 am I arrived back last night can i claim compensation ? For flight delay
No you cannot. Your flight was from Pakistan and not an EU airport and secondly even if it was, this was truly beyond the controls of the airline. Be glad you got back safe and sound given everything that is going on and dont always get embroiled in this compensation culture.

You are only partly right. The fact that the flight is TO an EU airport means it IS still covered by the EU compensation rules. However, the actual reason for the delay means a claim is unlikely to be successful.
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

t_kaay wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 pm
adamalikhan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am
Tiger90210 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:52 am I arrived back last night can i claim compensation ? For flight delay
No you cannot. Your flight was from Pakistan and not an EU airport and secondly even if it was, this was truly beyond the controls of the airline. Be glad you got back safe and sound given everything that is going on and dont always get embroiled in this compensation culture.

You are only partly right. The fact that the flight is TO an EU airport means it IS still covered by the EU compensation rules. However, the actual reason for the delay means a claim is unlikely to be successful.
We both stand corrected. The key requirement is:

- Does your flight depart from one of the countries in the list below? [EU countries]
then yes it is covered by the rules, regardless of which airline operates it.

- Will your flight arrive in one of the countries in the list below, with an airline based in one of these countries?
then yes it is covered by the rules [EU countries]

Flights normally departing from Pakistan are not covered even if they go to an EU airport because none of the operators until now were registered in the EU country they were travelling to e.g. I was thinking of PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Turkish, Qatar.

BA and Virgin however are registered in the UK and this is where I stand corrected. However the factor here (weather) is beyond the airlines control so it would be a waste of time pursing a claim.
misrar787
Registered Member

Post by misrar787 »

Is there any latest information on this? Current restrictions are due to end today
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to Pakistan's National Command & Operation Center (NCOC) directive:

All passengers arriving in Pakistan on flights from United Kingdom (UK) will be required to undergo test for SARS-CoV-2 that has been detected in UK.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Restrictions on travelers from United Kingdom (UK) eased by Pakistan.

From January 5:

Pakistani passport holders including visit/work visa holders will be allowed to enter Pakistan on flights from UK.

Dual nationals will also be allowed to enter Pakistan on flights from UK.

From January 9, Passengers holding National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) or Pakistan Origin Card (POC) and stayed in UK during last ten days will be allowed to enter Pakistan.

British High Commission officials and their families will also be allowed to enter Pakistan.

Passengers will have to bring negative report of coronavirus test taken seventy-two hours before travel to Pakistan.

Passengers upon arrival in Pakistan will undergo rapid antigen tests.

Passengers with negative coronavirus test result will have to remain in quarantine for five days.

Passengers with positive coronavirus will have to remain in quarantine till negative coronavirus test report.

Restrictions to be reviewed on January 31.

Abbas

See you at:
ahsan22
Registered Member

Post by ahsan22 »

Does anyone know if airlines enforce lockdown rules? Can my family travel to Pakistan from UK if I book their tickets?
Badar42
Registered Member

Post by Badar42 »

ahsan22 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:26 pm Does anyone know if airlines enforce lockdown rules? Can my family travel to Pakistan from UK if I book their tickets?
Don't know about virging but British Airways definitely does,know someone who was sent back from airport
ahsan22
Registered Member

Post by ahsan22 »

Thank you for quick response - do you know what was the reason given for the refusal?
Badar42
Registered Member

Post by Badar42 »

ahsan22 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 pm Thank you for quick response - do you know what was the reason given for the refusal?
No problem brother, reason was her being British passport holder. Couple of my relatives were booked on virgin tomorrow but decided to change the dates to next week when restrictions are eased after 9th because as of today nothing has changed.
ahsan22
Registered Member

Post by ahsan22 »

Are you able to update on 9th if they are allowed to travel during the lockdown please? My family needs to travel but I can’t afford to be denied boarding and money locked into some voucher.