PIA Chair. forced to withdraw retirement orders at gunpoint

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
piafan
Registered Member

PIA Chair. forced to withdraw retirement orders at gunpoint

Post by piafan »

The elite force was called in, which cordoned off the premises of the airline head office, the main gate of the office of the Chairman was also closed down. The police presence remained at the Headquarter till late at night
PIA Chairman withdraws retirement orders

BY AMRAIZ KHAN

LAHORE - Whether it was because of some pressure or unknown intimidating call, the PIA chairman abruptly withdrew the orders of forced retirement of five directors within short span of time, the sources in PIA disclosed here on Friday.
The PIA chairman had earlier issued the orders of forced retirement of five directors including Director Corporate Planning Rasheed-ul-Hasan, Director Co-ordination Anwaar Rasool, Director Works Col. (r) Mudassar Asghar, Director I T Nadeem Ikram and Director Flight Services Umar Ghafoor. He later verbally withdrew these orders
The sources disclosed that the orders were scheduled to be served to three of the above said directors in the evening of August 10, when all of sudden PIA chairman had to reconsider his decision. According to the PIA sources it all happened after an unusual telephonic call that lead to revision of the whole episode and the subsequent restoration of the said officers.
Sources disclosed that PIA Chairman Syed Tariq Kirmani was presiding over the meeting of promotion board when all of sudden emergency was declared in the PIA Headquarter at Karachi. The elite force was called in, which cordoned off the premises of the airline head office, the main gate of the office of the Chairman was also closed down. The police presence remained at the Headquarter till late at night.
A PIA spokesperson said that no orders of the forced retirement were issued and the news item published in an Urdu newspaper was baseless as all directors were working in PIA.

Source: The Nation
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

oh boy here we go again...

"what youre firing me?" Retiree said
"Yes I am" CEO said
"I'll show you who is firing who" Retiree said

typical bs politics of the airline and the establishment at its very worst!!! but then again whats new :roll:
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Typical Pakistan. I wonder when this kind of stuff will ever stop in Pakistan. We want to turn things around and then we have this kind of stuff going on. How unfortunate. :!:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

It is not yet confirmed whether it was at gunpoint or the chairman did this thing of his own. But one thing is for sure that there is some Hanky Panky!
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

yeah i woul think so. lets wait and see wats going on
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Unbelievable!! I hope this incident is properly looked into and those directors DO get sacked. I very much doubt it though.