Law Minister in trouble after son beat passenger at Airport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
piafan
Registered Member

Law Minister in trouble after son beat passenger at Airport

Post by piafan »

Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and Pakistan Mulsim League President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain will decide the fate of Law Minister Wasi Zafar once they are back home.

The uncertainty around his future has risen following the Karachi airport incident in which his son allegedly thrashed a PIA passenger in his presence. The ruling Pakistan Muslim League is all set to bring the case before top party bosses.
Law minister facing long arm of the law

I don't care, says Wasi, of his fate after letting son thrash a passenger

Ansar Abbasi

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and Pakistan Mulsim League President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain will decide the fate of Law Minister Wasi Zafar once they are back home.

The uncertainty around his future has risen following the Karachi airport incident in which his son allegedly thrashed a PIA passenger in his presence. The ruling Pakistan Muslim League is all set to bring the case before top party bosses.

Tariq Azeem, PML information secretary and minister of state for overseas Pakistanis, told The News that the matter would be brought before the Prime Minister and the PML president as soon as they return from abroad.

Azeem said both the leaders are returning home today. "No-one is above the law," he said, adding the party would ascertain the facts of the case and take a decision accordingly. Reacting to the development, Wasi Zafar said "I don't bother, I don't care".

When Wasi was contacted on his mobile, he showed no interest in giving his side of the story. Shunning the opportunity to clear his position and give his side of the story, the law minister repeatedly said he did not care.

"Write against me whatever your want. I don't care," he said, adding that already a lot has appeared against him. According to newspaper reports, one Mujeeb Khan received injuries when, Umair, the law minister's son, gave him a drubbing in the presence of his father and several others at the entrance of Jinnah International Terminal last Wednesday.

These reports say the incident occurred when Khan objected to the law minister and his son proceeding to the reporting counter without routine checks. Khan was rescued by the ASF men present there.

Raja Anwar, assistant sub inspector police Karachi Airport police station, said he read about the incident in the newspapers but was not otherwise informed about it. He said the police also did not receive any complaint, without which they could not proceed against anybody.

Referring to a local newspaper report, the ASI said the victim was quoted as saying he would not lodge his complaint against the minister and his son in Karachi but in Islamabad, his destination.

Airport Security Force (ASF) men in Karachi also shied away from offering comments on the incident. Their airport chief, Abdul Wadood Khan, was not in the office but others were tight-lipped.

A source, however, said a report on the incident has been filed by the ASF officials and sent to the higher authorities. Khan was inaccessible and his mobile was not responding. Interior Secretary Syed Kamal Shah's also seemed not to have read the newspaper accounts on the subject but he vowed to immediately talk to the inspector general Sindh to get a report on the matter.

When told about the reported details, he said if it had happened inside the airport then ASF should have taken some action. IG Sindh Asad Jehangir was also contacted but he was said to be busy in a meeting. He failed to return the call.

Source: The News
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

My God, and he's the Law Minister!!?? If these are the type of people we have as custodians of the law then God help this country. Like he said, he doesn't care, just goes to show the kind of individual he is.

I'd rather brand him as minister for law of the jungle.
Moin Abbasi
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

They should send to JAIL for at least 10 years.
this is the cause that lead for no law in Pakistan.

A.Aziz
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Not for 10 years now for this case but he must get some punishment for what he or his son did. I am really very happy that someone perhaps the concerned person has taken action against this...
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Fire the minister, and throw both son and father in prison for a very long time.
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

What kind of Minister he is? If he don't care about people of Pakistan then why he has taken Oath to take charge of Ministry? Law is for everyone, not for any individual...!
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333