Minister's son beats passenger at Karachi Airport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
piafan
Registered Member

Minister's son beats passenger at Karachi Airport

Post by piafan »

Mujeeb, who was booked on flight PK-370 for Islamabad, objected to allowing the minister's son without body search, sources said.

Umair, the son of federal law minister after hearing, Mujeeb's comments turned back and attacked him with punches and kicks and injured by beating him up badly, sources added
Minister's son beats passenger at airport

By our correspondent

KARACHI: Mujeeb Khan, a PIA passenger received injuries when Umair, the son of Federal Law Minister, Wasi Zafar, gave him a drubbing in the presence of his and several others at the entrance to the Jinnah International Terminal on Wednesday evening.

Sources in the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), on condition of anonymity told The News that the unpleasant incident occurred when Federal Law Minister Wasi Zafar, along with his son Umair, reached the Karachi airport to get PIA flight PK-306 for Lahore.

When the minister, along with his son, entered the departure lounge, the Airport Security Force (ASF) personnel allowed him and his son to proceed to the reporting counter without the routine body search passengers are required to go through. At this, another passenger, Mujeeb, who was booked on flight PK-370 for Islamabad, objected to allowing the minister's son without body search, sources said.

Umair, the son of federal law minister after hearing, Mujee's comments turned back and attacked him with punches and kicks and injured by beating him up badly, sources added. Later, ASF men intervened and rescued the passenger, sources said.

The medical officer of CAA was summoned, who provided first aid and medical treatment to Mujeeb, the injured passenger, who later left for Islamabad by the scheduled flight. CAA Duty Officer, the Deputy- Terminal Manager, PIA, but both officers feigned ignorance of the incident. Airport police also expressed ignorance.

Source: The News
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Sick people!!! If only once the ASF takes the action no one will ever dare to do such a thing however it is minister's son or minister himself.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

As is so common in this country, everyone like to be king for a day. This SOB thinking he's the son of some half ass minister thinks he can get away with blue murder just because his father is in some semi-influencial position.

If I were witness to that scene, I would have made no bones about lambasting that individual and giving him an earful as to what I thought of him. What would he have done? Threaten to beat me up? His father will only be minster for a few years, I'm a lawyer for life. The ultimate consequences he would have had to face would have him sweating in no time. Reading about such incidents makes my blood boil. The day his father is sent packing, he'll be back to being a nobody. The minute he lands in a foreign country, he's a non-entity.

I'm glad this made the news and hope that it taints his image to a good extent, but then again these people are too thick skinned to let anything effect them. Morals and conscience are foreign to such people.
Moin Abbasi
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Moin wrote:As is so common in this country, everyone like to be king for a day. This SOB thinking he's the son of some half ass minister thinks he can get away with blue murder just because his father is in some semi-influencial position.

If I were witness to that scene, I would have made no bones about lambasting that individual and giving him an earful as to what I thought of him. What would he have done? Threaten to beat me up? His father will only be minster for a few years, I'm a lawyer for life. The ultimate consequences he would have had to face would have him sweating in no time. Reading about such incidents makes my blood boil. The day his father is sent packing, he'll be back to being a nobody. The minute he lands in a foreign country, he's a non-entity.

I'm glad this made the news and hope that it taints his image to a good extent, but then again these people are too thick skinned to let anything effect them. Morals and conscience are foreign to such people.
Moin, Do you feel it might be worth making an example of this monkey? Do you have contacts that may be willing to take up the disaffected's case (assuming he wants to proceed with one)?
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Moin I agree with you whole heartedlly. And SalamPaks has a good suggestion. If only that could happen in Pakistan. A little tit for tat would be nice i.e. the ministers son getting a trashing at the middle of the airport with people looking on.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Oh I don't mean a physical beating, but rather a verbal assault of the highest degree. I do not belive in the politics of violence. The very fact that he beat up that person in the way he did just goes to show his level of upbringing and 'jahiliat'. I can get my point across merely by words.

The man can very easily take him to court for assault with the intention to cause grievous bodily harm. Unfortunately that won't happen as our people have the tendency to be like sheep, they take whatever is thrown at them.
Moin Abbasi
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Just to clarify, I was not advocating violence against the perpetrator. I wanted him taken to court.
umar.islam
Registered Member

Post by umar.islam »

Ironic that it's the law minister.
Last edited by umar.islam on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Moin wrote:Oh I don't mean a physical beating, but rather a verbal assault of the highest degree. I do not belive in the politics of violence. The very fact that he beat up that person in the way he did just goes to show his level of upbringing and 'jahiliat'. I can get my point across merely by words.

The man can very easily take him to court for assault with the intention to cause grievous bodily harm. Unfortunately that won't happen as our people have the tendency to be like sheep, they take whatever is thrown at them.
And do you really think Pakistani courts, especially judges, who highly prone to bribes and intimidation would rule against the sitting law ministers's son....This won't even happen in the US, let alone Pakistan.....
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Moin/Salam im not preaching voilence also, :) i agree with what you guys are saying. i just say that a little "eye for an eye" for these people should be good. All these people think that they are big shots and can get away with everything.
piafan
Registered Member

Post by piafan »

Justice has been served. Law Minister in trouble and case registered against him. No one is above the law.

More Details:
viewtopic.php?t=2787