PIA chief 'fires' two pro-Ahmed Saeed executives

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

PIA chief 'fires' two pro-Ahmed Saeed executives

Post by CoyBoy »

PKalltheway
Registered Member

Regrets

Post by PKalltheway »

Salman Javed was an excellent officer of the marketing department.
His departure is definitely a loss to the airline.

3 Cheers for Salman Javed!
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

why did kirmani delay it? should have done earlier!!!!!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

This policy of firing employees of a company everytime there's a regime or management change has to come under review. Has anyone thought of the possibility that those people who were fired might also have been very good at their jobs? Even if some individual was the appointee of a particular Govt or highup in the company, he could actually be very beneficial for the company and a very hard working person.

Where will it end? Every time there's a management change, the new management will fire their predescessors inductees, and once that team has left, the new team will fire the last teams inductees and so on.

You have to first look to see if that person you're wanting to be rid of is good at their job or not. I hope Kirmani has done that. You can't just fire someone because they were friendly or close to the last person who held the top seat.
Moin Abbasi
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

You have a point there Moin, I agree. I also think that PIA has to lay off alot of its employees some who get paid for nothing. They only have about 40 aircraft nw and they have like 22,000 employees only when they lay offf these people will they be able to cut their losses and increase revenue and profits.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Falcon598 wrote:You have a point there Moin, I agree. I also think that PIA has to lay off alot of its employees some who get paid for nothing. They only have about 40 aircraft nw and they have like 22,000 employees only when they lay offf these people will they be able to cut their losses and increase revenue and profits.

PIA should let people go through attrition or early retirement but not layoff. But then PIA is a big employer in Pakistan, hopefully many private airlines have use for the let go PIA employees.
Adnan Anwar