PIA trip sugguestions, questions, pics suggestions etc!

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
fly1346
Registered Member

PIA trip sugguestions, questions, pics suggestions etc!

Post by fly1346 »

Sallam as most of you know I am flying PK 718 this friday to Lahore. I plan on taking TONS AND TONS AND TONS of pics with my newly bought Canon Digital Rebel 300D! Now I just want some ideas of what people would liek to see over here? Any special requests for any pics? Im also currently creating a checklist of what pics I will want to take and try to take them. I also want to create a log sheet that I can give to the pilot so he can fill it out? Has anyone done this before? Or does anyone ahve a sample log sheet I can look at? Basically If anyone has tips, suggestions, special requests. I am also planning to get a cockpit visit, preferebly in flight, or once they land at MAN and LHE, how can this be accomplished? Oh yah, and how are the flight crew in terms of friendliness... will they gladly talk, and help me out in achieving my goals, or are they sour?

Thanks guys for all your help!
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

just take nice pictures preferably of widebodied aircraft :) ...as long as your pictures are good everyone will be happy 8) :)
PIAinORD
Registered Member

Post by PIAinORD »

get pictures of the meals and send them to airlinemeals.net. They are desperately lacking PIA meals, tell Saad Cheema to send his there too...
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

Front shots would be could

or even at lahore if there is pia aircraft parked together take pics of them

try to make them as clear as possible.

good luck and i look forward to seeing your pics
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Take pictures of your own choice but keep one thing in mind those pictures should be good enough in quality so you can add them on airliners.net ( especially pic at LHE ). There are very less photos on a.net of pakistani airports.

P.S. Cabin shots, sunset/sunrise views, taking off/landing shots would be a good shots to see. Best of Luck!
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

Thanks guys, Im looking foward on taking all those pics mentioned. I just hope I can get a cockpit visit, and have the pilot fill out my log!
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Ask the cabin crew if they can let you take pictures of their meal trolly in B+ Class before they start serving (You can reference airlinemeals.net)

I've even seen pictures of empty seats laid out with china and flatware (probably taken by the passenger sitting in that seat). If you're travelling J, try to get such a shot.
PIA777
Registered Member

Post by PIA777 »

Have fun on the trip bro, The amount of pictures that you take doesn't matter, the quality of the pictures does :wink:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

I didnt stop taking pics at all....omer most of all watch out for ur bateries.....if uve got rechargable ones....plug em in the aircraft....but make sure....the plug u use is

| |
| | and not O O
| |

......make sure u dont miss any B747/777/767/737.8.9 and A330/340.....the rest keep cumin as its a break ur taking ..... best of luck....have have a safe flight
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

thanks guys for your help. Saad I bought extra re-chargable batteries for the 300D. The battery life is crazy. About 7 hrs on 1 battery! So pretty goood. I am also making a flight log to give to the pilot, and show him some of My pia 777 pics ive taken.. thanks for the suggestion Abbas Bhai!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

fly1346, dont beleive what is written on the battery (7 hrs). You know what is written on my sony re-chargable batteries "Take 420 shots!!!" but it just go upto 200 shots (2 MP). So its the best thing to have extra batteries with you.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

fly1346, I eagerly look forward to see photos taken by you. Hope you enjoy the trip and have a very nice flight with PIA.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

thanks alot Abbas Bhai. AP-BGL I tested out my battery the other day, it lasted quite a long time... I didnt use in continuously but, If I had, the total life time would have been 5-8 hrs! Its ok. I have 2 spare batteries also ready for my entire flight! Seated in Seat 28A! Rite now im typing up my flight log to give to the pilot. and soon I will print the PIA 777 pics I took at JFK to show the flight persuer what an enthusiast I am :D
Inshallah everything will go well
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

Sallam, I am in Pakistan rite now. My PIA flight was very interesting and fun. I had captain Adil as my captain, and he let me in to the cockpit with my brother, and we stayed for a long time He also helped me fill out my log sheet, I also took many pictures of the cockpit. Captain Adil and First Officer Irfan Khan were interested in my hobby. Irfan Khan knows about A.net and he visits the site also! Captain Adil asked me to give him the web addresses of these sites, and he will also become a visitor to these sites! I cant upload the pics rite now, so you willh ave to wait till I get home! Ill keep you waiting with the excitement!

However, a noticed a few faults of PIA.... on the JFK-MAN sector they only fed us 1 time. Not even a snack or something for breakfast. Just dinner, and a few drinks??? Dissapointment, as well as left me starving!

Ill have more pics from my other flights inshallah!
Cheers
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Hey good to hear u reached safe......how many pics on this sector ? and Capt. Adil, the same one i have the pic of which is in HOP's section 'people' ?