Kid Reaches Boarding Bridge at Peshawar Airport Without Going Through Security Procedures

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Kid Reaches Boarding Bridge at Peshawar Airport Without Going Through Security Procedures

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to a news report in December 28 edition of Urdu daily 'Khabrain', an eight-year old boy was able to reach passenger boarding bridge without going through security procedures at Peshawar Airport. Upon questioning, the young boy who is a resident of Peshawar told security personnel that he had come to the airport to see aircraft.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Kid Reaches Boarding Bridge at Peshawar Airport Without Going Through Security Procedures

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news report on following link, the ten-year old boy was caught by Pakistan CAA vigilance team and handed over to Airports Security Force (ASF).

Initially, the young boy stated that he has arrived from Saudi Arabia but during questioning by security personnel told them that he had come to the airport to see aircraft.

https://e.dunya.com.pk/detail.php?date= ... 2_18517604

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Kid Reaches Boarding Bridge at Peshawar Airport Without Going Through Security Procedures

Post by Abbas Ali »

The boy has been handed over to his father after completion of questioning/investigation by security personnel. The boy was able enter restricted area without getting noticed by security personnel due to rush of passengers at Peshawar Airport at that time. The boy's father has apologized to security personnel. The father and son are resident of Peshawar Cantonment.

Two international flights were getting ready to depart from Peshawar when the boy breached security procedures at the airport.

Meanwhile, Director General Airports Security Force (ASF) has taken notice of the incident and directed force personnel to enhance security measures at Peshawar Airport. Personnel who showed negligence in this incident will undergo investigation.

Aviation Minister Muhammad Mian Soomro also has taken notice of the incident and sought its report.

https://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/E-Paper/ka ... /detail-36
https://www.express.com.pk/epaper/PoPup ... e=20181229

Abbas

See you at:
amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

Abbas Ali wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am The boy has been handed over to his father after completion of questioning/investigation by security personnel. The boy was able enter restricted area without getting noticed by security personnel due to rush of passengers at Peshawar Airport at that time. The boy's father has apologized to security personnel. The father and son are resident of Peshawar Cantonment.

Two international flights were getting ready to depart from Peshawar when the boy breached security procedures at the airport.

Meanwhile, Director General Airports Security Force (ASF) has taken notice of the incident and directed force personnel to enhance security measures at Peshawar Airport. Personnel who showed negligence in this incident will undergo investigation.

Aviation Minister Muhammad Mian Soomro also has taken notice of the incident and sought its report.

https://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/E-Paper/ka ... /detail-36
https://www.express.com.pk/epaper/PoPup ... e=20181229

Abbas
In any other country (USA,UK, CAD, Aust etc..) this type of breach would mean fines for the parents - its clearly a violation. Meanwhile were is ASF?

People then wonder why USA wont allow direct flights from PAK... This particular Airport is notorious for 'incidents' - mainly due to tribal regions nearby - so one would think that Security should be extra-tight.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

IF boy's father lost his son (boy) to report police & airport staff & ASF then there will be NOT fine penalty charge if only report lost or missing. Last time my daughter missed airport when overcrowded and I reported staff then staff found my daughter from inside airport to gave me to my hand hold my daughter it was overcrowded faulty not my fault there no issue.
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

umar744 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:05 am IF boy's father lost his son (boy) to report police & airport staff & ASF then there will be NOT fine penalty charge if only report lost or missing. Last time my daughter missed airport when overcrowded and I reported staff then staff found my daughter from inside airport to gave me to my hand hold my daughter it was overcrowded faulty not my fault there no issue.
Umar is right. Recently there was a similar case in the UK where a child made it through the security, resulting in a review of the security processes.