PK-214 Delayed

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

PK-214 Delayed

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

DUBAI — Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) faced the wrath of passengers for the second time within a week when a flight to Karachi got delayed by 13 hours.

Passengers booked by flight PK 214 to Karachi told Khaleej Times that they had been waiting for more than 13 hours to fly to Karachi.

"The flight was due to take off at 9am, but we were told by the station manager that the flight would take off at 12noon. We re-checked with them subsequently and were told that the flight would take off at 5pm, and now we have been told that it would take off by 10.15pm ‘hopefully’," said Bilal Hassan, whose mother and sister are to travel by the flight.

"They checked us in, took our baggage and even issued us boarding passes, but did not inform us the exact time the flight would take off," said Hassan, who brought his mother and sister back home following the rescheduling. "I wish they had let us know in advance because we could have changed the flight as we have an emergency to attend to in Karachi," he said.

Hassan’s mother and sister will now fly Emirates. "I am not sure if I will get a refund," he added.

PIA attributed the delay to a closed runway at Peshawar Airport.

"PIA cannot help the delay in this case as a runway in Peshawar has been closed for reasons not known. The flight due for Dubai was diverted from Lahore to Islamabad to pick up the Peshawar passengers, therefore the flight has been delayed," said a PIA official.

Meanwhile, Khaleej Times sources confirmed that the Peshawar airport was indeed closed since yesterday when the burst tyre of an aircraft damaged part of the tarmac, and repair works had been taken up.

Officials from Pakistan’s private carrier Aero Asia said there was no change in their flight to Peshawar which was due to take off at 11.55pm.

"Our aircraft are not affected as they are small, but maybe bigger aircraft are not allowed to land," he said.

NOW IS THAT A GENUINE REASON....WHY DO THEY HAVE 2 DIVERT A SCHEDULED FLIGHT RATHER THEN FLYING INTO ITS ORIGIN IS IT SOME KINDA W-11 BUS SERVICE OR WHT.....
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

The aircraft may be stuck in peshawar, The schedule is such--for the 213/214/283/284--done by same aircraft--- correct me if i am wrong !!

Khi-dxb
dxb-pew
pew-dxb
dxb-khi
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The crashed aircraft is a F-7 fighter jet of PAF.

PAF jet crash-lands

By Javed Afridi

PESHAWAR: The Peshawar International Airport remained closed for all flights for more than 24 hours after a Pakistan Air Force jet crash-landed on the runway on Friday afternoon, a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) official told Daily Times on Saturday.

"The airport was closed for all flights after the F-7 jet crash-landed around 2pm and damaged the runway," said the CCA official who asked not to be named. He said the airport was likely to open on Saturday evening after necessary repairs of the runway. "The pilot was not injured in the crash, but the runway was damaged by the jet's tyres," a security guard at the PAF base told Daily Times. PAF engineers are investigating the cause of the incident.

Source: Daily Times
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Peshawar airport damage disrupts flights schedule

By Javed Aziz Khan

PESHAWAR: There was no air traffic from and to Peshawar as all the scheduled flights between Friday night and Saturday evening had to be cancelled after tyre of a fighter plane ruptured while taxiing on the runway of the Peshawar International Airport, causing damage to the airstrip.

The runway is being jointly used by the passenger planes of commercial airlines and fighter jets of the Pakistan Air force. An interesting aspect is that a railway line, carrying Khyber Steam Safari to Landi Kotal, also crosses the runway to make it unique from the other landing strips in the world.

"Last night tyre of a fighter jet burst over the runway, causing a little damage to it. As its construction had to take time that is why few flights, mostly of Fokker planes, that had been scheduled to different cities had been cancelled," an official told The News. He added that construction work had been completed on war footings by 6 o'clock and clearance was given to the airlines by the evening.

Hundreds of passengers remained stranded at the airport building after all the scheduled flights to different destinations had been cancelled. They waited for hours for the completion of construction work.

Source: The News
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: