PIA to Ground Cabin Crew Carrying Excess Baggage and Contraband Items on Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA to Ground Cabin Crew Carrying Excess Baggage and Contraband Items on Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

PIA will take strict action and ground cabin crew found carrying excess baggage on airline's flights. Action also will be taken against cabin crew found carrying banned items.

The airline's cabin crew will be monitored individually and violators will not be spared.

Abbas
Last edited by Abbas Ali on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic title edited
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA to Ground Cabin Crew Carrying Excess Baggage on Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

Action will also be taken against cabin crew:

Involved in money laundering, smuggling, carrying contraband.
Absent from duty.
Lazy on duty.
Smoke cigarettes on duty.
Refuse to perform duty in early morning.
Take leave with fake excuse of sickness before completion of duty time.

https://e.dunya.com.pk/detail.php?date= ... 2_31008200

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA to Ground Cabin Crew Carrying Excess Baggage and Contraband Items on Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

Circular shown on DAWN News channel:

All cabin crew members shall follow local/foreign customs and immigration laws/regulations. Crew members violating these rules and involved in smuggling/illegal carriage of mobile phones, laptops, cigarettes, currency, medicine, passport and numerous other objectionable items will be dismissed from PIA.

There's zero tolerance policy for money laundering and carriage of contraband items.

All cabin crew are hereby advised to refrain from illegal carriage of any contraband item. Any occurrence will be dealt with disciplinary action and result in dismissal from PIA service.

Strict compliance is required.

Strong action will also be taken against PIA employees found smoking cigarette, eating paan, gutka and chalia on duty.

Abbas

See you at:
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Ground Cabin Crew Carrying Excess Baggage and Contraband Items on Flights

Post by fahadshakeel »

I remember in 2015 I was travelling from JFK to AUH on an Etihad configured Jet Airways flight. I was eating paan (took from jackson heights), an Indian flight attendant first apologized and then asked if he can get one or two, I gave him since I had ample.
He later shifted me on a neighbour free seat and during meals serving he was generous on serving me. He also told that it's strictly ban for them to eat these things during flights especially on Etihad configured flights but crew covers each other on long haul flights.
Connecting Businesses through Travels