Passengers Complain Against Unavailability of Pillows on PIA Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Passengers Complain Against Unavailability of Pillows on PIA Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

Mohammad Asghar

Hundreds of passengers on board Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flights did not have pillows available to them due to a lack of pillow covers in the last few days.

Business Class passengers were provided with pillows, but those in Economy Class were told to make do with blankets.

PIA spokesperson Mashood Tajwar said this was not due to a change in policy and that the lack of pillows was due to a delay in the supply of pillow covers. He said the problem has been addressed now.

Source: DAWN
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Passengers Complain Against Unavailability of Pillows on PIA Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

Flightparts based at Xiamen International Airport, China, has qualified to supply pillows for PIA economy class passengers.

Source: piac.com.pk

Abbas

See you at:
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

Should do away with pillows for economy class, those of us travelling on US or European carriers take our own pillows with us. Don't we?
What is so special about Pakistanis that their demands are never-ending?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

New disposable pillows in PIA Economy Class.

Abbas

See you at:
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

rayyanullah wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 am Should do away with pillows for economy class, those of us travelling on US or European carriers take our own pillows with us. Don't we?
What is so special about Pakistanis that their demands are never-ending?
Really?? On long haul flights? I have lived most of my life in Europe and have travelled quite a bit. Yes 'some' passengers take their own but not all. Also PIA is competing against ME airliners and all of them supply pillows and blankets even on European routes.

My wife and daughters (9yr and 6yr old) travelled on PK 758 over this weekend and there was no IFE working plus no pillows or blankets. PIA has to up its game if it is retain its diminishing customer base. My daughters have travelled quite a bit as well and they just want to fly on ME airlines and not PIA. It is because of lack of IFE and poor comfort.
Also their is nothing special about "Pakistanis". They are passengers who want good value for money like everyone else in this world. If they have aid for a service then they expect that service.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Jinhu County Minglv Industry & Trade Co. Ltd. of China has qualified to supply pillows for PIA Economy Class.

Info Source: PIA

Abbas

See you at:
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

Dr 747 wrote...Also PIA is competing against ME airliners
Leave aside the problem of pillows and IFE how can we possibility compete with just two flights a week to most international destination?
Disposable pillows made with plastics in this day and age is not to be admired as the entire world is moving against such environmental pollutants.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA management has expressed concern over the shortage of pillows and blankets aboard airline's medium and long haul flights which is a cause of discomfort to passengers.

Abbas

See you at:
Umair94
Registered Member

Post by Umair94 »

Someone at the logistics department is sleeping.

I have seen it from experience: carriers such as QR or EY uplift pillows and blankets as bulkload. To ensure that there are sufficient blankets and pillows available for the return leg.

I have seen other airlines working together with their cleaning company/groundhandling agent. They are responisble for placing the orders and also ensuring there are enough pillows and blankets for the return leg.

Dont understand why PIA cannot do such a simple thing...
All The Way, It's PIA
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA tender notice in January 11 newspaper for procurement of snow white colour linen pillow covers for Business Class.

Abbas

See you at: