End of PIA Toronto-Lahore Direct Flights and being switched to codeshare with Turkish Airlines from Mid December

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
shayan0321
Registered Member

End of PIA Toronto-Lahore Direct Flights and being switched to codeshare with Turkish Airlines from Mid December

Post by shayan0321 »

I had a return flight from Toronto to Lahore on December 19 which i wanted to change to Dec 22nd. Called the PIA helpline to inquire and was told that no direct flights are available as the route is to be codeshared with Turkish Airlines from December. No direct flight from toronto to lahore to be operated even via Karachi from December. If someone could confirm when is this codeshare being entered into? Sad to see another major route closure by PIA!
ammad
Registered Member

Re: End of PIA Toronto-Lahore Direct Flights and being switched to codeshare with Turkish Airlines from Mid December

Post by ammad »

If it is true, then it means they are silently on the path of Privatization. There is no really need of shuttering YYZ-PAK flights.
Fortune favours brave.
Omairi7
Registered Member

Re: End of PIA Toronto-Lahore Direct Flights and being switched to codeshare with Turkish Airlines from Mid December

Post by Omairi7 »

My sister booked PIA from YYZ to lhe and back in J class and got confirmed. If there is any update like this, PIA must contact the passengers.
Yyz - lhe 22 dec
Lhe yyz 05 jan

Yes, one thing is possible that there will be no available flights on certain dates or....
Seats might be finished.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Now history of PIA is becoming a place where rumors are starting and spreading.

Next thing you know news channels will be breaking news that Toronto has been sold off to Emirates.

Please guys if you dont have the facts stop trying to create your own facts.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
shayan0321
Registered Member

Post by shayan0321 »

My Brother went to the PIA Ticketing office at Lahore Airport to inquire and get the ticket changed. They however told no news of toronto flight closure as yet and hence got it changed after paying difference of fare 38k. Apparently the customer service agent on PIA helpline are actually misguiding the passengers by informing such things which must be looked into by the management.