German Ambassador With CEO PIA Discussed Flights between Pakistan and Germany

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

German Ambassador With CEO PIA Discussed Flights between Pakistan and Germany

Post by Abbas Ali »

Karachi, November 5, 2017: The German Ambassador to Pakistan Martin Kobler called on Chief Executive Officer PIA Dr. Musharraf Rasool Cyan at PIA Head Office Karachi and discussed matters of mutual interest, including direct flights between Pakistan and Germany. Dr. Cyan informed the honorable ambassador that rigorous market research and data analytics are being employed to take viable commercial decisions.

CEO PIA requested the German Ambassador to support PIA in getting expeditious arrangements with EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) for PIA Engineering Certification.

Mr. Kobler said that Pakistan and Germany share strong diplomatic, business, social and friendly ties. PIA has played an important role in strengthening the ties between both the countries.

Source: PIA Press Release (November 5, 2017)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Re: German Ambassador With CEO PIA Discussed Flights between Pakistan and Germany

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Lufthansa investing in PIA ?
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: German Ambassador With CEO PIA Discussed Flights between Pakistan and Germany

Post by faisal-777 »

Pakistan-1 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:16 pm Lufthansa investing in PIA ?
Right now Lufthansa is more interested in picking up the pieces left by the demise of Air Berlin, Alitalia and strengthening its subsidiaries like Lufthansa Technik
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

Personally, I would prefer Lufthansa making an entry in Pakistan with at least 3 flights a week (to start with). There could be a huge traffic provided they can offer competitive fares vs. ME3.
pakcanaviator
Registered Member

Post by pakcanaviator »

haroon_ek wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:55 pm Personally, I would prefer Lufthansa making an entry in Pakistan with at least 3 flights a week (to start with). There could be a huge traffic provided they can offer competitive fares vs. ME3.
I agree. If Lufthansa offers reasonable fares they could grab lots of passengers however I doubt European airlines want to touch Pakistan.
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

pakcanaviator wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 am I agree. If Lufthansa offers reasonable fares they could grab lots of passengers however I doubt European airlines want to touch Pakistan.
Exactly, that is the sad part of our country's aviation situation. Compare Isb/Lhe/Khi with just IGI, Delhi and we can compare ourselves with our neighbors.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Two reasons European airlines do not touch Pakistan:

- Market has trioply of ME-3
- Pakistani passport isn't suited for connecting flights in Europe. Within Schengen, flights depart from domestic terminals. So a Pakistani passenger bound for let's say Amsterdam through Berlin would have to go through immigration at Berlin. If he/she holds Schengen visa, ain't a problem, but if they hold National Visa, then it's an issue.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Some times these meetings happen with different purpose and for media they release another story.

For e.g. When Bernd Hildebrand was in trouble German ambassador did also visit PIA head office. My doubt for this visit is to cool down ongoing inquiry about missing A310 and saving interest of German Museum could also be possible. --But this is my speculation.
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

German ambassador also met with Shaheen Air CEO Ehsan Sehbai.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

faisal-777 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 pm Two reasons European airlines do not touch Pakistan:

- Market has trioply of ME-3
- Pakistani passport isn't suited for connecting flights in Europe. Within Schengen, flights depart from domestic terminals. So a Pakistani passenger bound for let's say Amsterdam through Berlin would have to go through immigration at Berlin. If he/she holds Schengen visa, ain't a problem, but if they hold National Visa, then it's an issue.
For the second point, you are correct but Lufthansa also come to Indian soil so for indians, I guess their passport also don't have the liberty to enter like us, still Lufthansa operates there......
NL
Registered Member

Post by NL »

haroon_ek wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 amFor the second point, you are correct but Lufthansa also come to Indian soil so for indians, I guess their passport also don't have the liberty to enter like us, still Lufthansa operates there......
Entry into schengen area requires the same visa for both pakistan and india. For transit (e.g. isb-fra-jfk) however, only the pakistani passport has the "honour" of being included in this list:

Real reason for lack of european carriers is of course utter and complete lack of security for their crews and assets once on the ground in pakistan.
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

Thanks @NL for the clarification.