PIA to Europe via Istanbul ???

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

PIA to Europe via Istanbul ???

Post by Amaad Lone »

What if PIA brought in A321-200s and operate European flights with a stopover in Istanbul.

Cheaper fares then the Gulf carriers plus the only single aircraft service, yes with a stop over but still single aircraft operation.

5.5 hours to Istanbul and then to other European destinations.

Using fuel efficient A321-200s 12-180 layout with 12 club class seats and 180 economy.

I think might be a better option then the 329 seat 777s.

Four weekly flights to each destination improving the frequency offered to passengers.

To all those who feel its non-stop or nothing this option is better then no flight.

PIA can even try to pick up European travelers flying between Europe and Istanbul.

Just a thought.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Europe via Istanbul ???

Post by Charliedelta11 »

Amaad in todays world theres ALOT that can be done to keep a business afloat. This suggestion of yours makes perfect sense since it would help PIA increase its market share and allow it to codeshare with TK etc.... but this is PIA. They will find a way to do the exact opposite of what makes sense.
GEnx
Registered Member

Post by GEnx »

Amaad Lone wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:24 pm What if PIA brought in A321-200s and operate European flights with a stopover in Istanbul.

Cheaper fares then the Gulf carriers plus the only single aircraft service, yes with a stop over but still single aircraft operation.

5.5 hours to Istanbul and then to other European destinations.

Using fuel efficient A321-200s 12-180 layout with 12 club class seats and 180 economy.

I think might be a better option then the 329 seat 777s.

Four weekly flights to each destination improving the frequency offered to passengers.

To all those who feel its non-stop or nothing this option is better then no flight.

PIA can even try to pick up European travelers flying between Europe and Istanbul.

Just a thought.
Or even they can lease few brand new A321neo LRs (4000 nm range with 206 pax) in a year or two and deploy these on European routes with significantly lower DOC than the 777s. No stop over would be required thanks to MTOW increased to 97 tons and three auxiliary fuel tanks. Also, reduce the number of 777s, retaining only a few with upgraded cabins for YYZ and for European operations during peak rush season. Also, i think 777 is not the kind of aircraft PIA should have. With only a single genuine long haul route operational now, PIA is not in a position to keep these heavy aircrafts flying on short haul segments. PIA should be aiming for a Middle Of Market (MOM) product which Boeing is going to launch in coming years with seating capacity ranging from 230-270 seats and 4500-5000 nm range. These will incorporate the latest in engine technology like Rolls Royce upcoming ultra fan or equivalents from GE and PW. As well as it will be an all new design so we can expect a lot of Boeing 787 technologies (which have matured now) to be used on this aircraft with some new technologies as well. Operating economics will be much better than today's wide body and narrow body aircrafts even better than the neo and max. In my opinion, this aircraft would more suitable than anything else for PIA and would be a must for the airline. But in the end, we should not expect logical decisions to be taken by incompetent PIA management or from GOP. [-X
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

I disagree that PIA doesn't need 777. PIA needs to use them wisely actually by increasing frequencies to routes with good load. But yes, it does not need more of them and focus should be instead on inducting middle of market aircraft like A321 or 787s
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci