PK 721

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
rayyanullah
Registered Member

PK 721

Post by rayyanullah »

Hi,
Trying to figure out if seats available on PK 721 of 12th or 19th Sept. on LHE-JFK
The website shows that no flight on these days.......is this possible?
Seat position showing for flights a week before and after these dates.
ammad
Registered Member

Re: PK 721

Post by ammad »

Try calling PIA 111-786-786 number they will definitely let you know about accuracy of schedule on given days. Also, if you do mention that how the flight load looks like as you will be traveling as Stand by pax they will definitely gives you some idea about flight.

However, if you asked specifically how many seats are sold and how many are empty they will never let you know that.
Fortune favours brave.
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

It means those flights are cancelled on those days.....
ShahMt777
Registered Member

Post by ShahMt777 »

PIA should consider making JFK 4 times a week if not daily since our airline is refurbishing the cabins of Boeing 777 and they should consider flying through Manchester to New York Rather than Liepzig and end all direct non stop flights between New York and Lahore instead reroute that flight via Manchester and then onwards to Lahore so that our airline can fetch in some decent amount of passengers from Man and also will provide more options for Pakistani people travelling to New York
JFC
Registered Member

Post by JFC »

Good news is that PIA listen to you as they never started LHE to JFK via Liepzig :D This flight operate via Manchester.
ShahMt777
Registered Member

Post by ShahMt777 »

JFC wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm Good news is that PIA listen to you as they never started LHE to JFK via Liepzig :D This flight operate via Manchester.
I know that they operate VIA Manchester uptil now and what I was trying to say was that it would be better if PIA Increases it's schedule via Manchestee rather than considering Liepzig and should stop all the non stop flights between JFK and Lahore and reroute that particular flight via Manchester and onwards to New York as there is no use of a one way non stop flight if we can't operate outbound and inbound it would enhance our airline's stability to some extent also we can take full advantage of 5th freedom rights which our airline has
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

ShahMt777 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:45 pm
JFC wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:53 pm Good news is that PIA listen to you as they never started LHE to JFK via Liepzig :D This flight operate via Manchester.
I know that they operate VIA Manchester uptil now and what I was trying to say was that it would be better if PIA Increases it's schedule via Manchestee rather than considering Liepzig and should stop all the non stop flights between JFK and Lahore and reroute that particular flight via Manchester and onwards to New York as there is no use of a one way non stop flight if we can't operate outbound and inbound it would enhance our airline's stability to some extent also we can take full advantage of 5th freedom rights which our airline has

You do that I can assure you'll lose most of JFK- LHE passengers, if they were to make a transit stop at MAN, they'll just go to Gulf Carriers!
JFC
Registered Member

Post by JFC »

Totally agreed. Currently only attraction in JFK to LHE is that you go non stop to Lahore.
ShahMt777
Registered Member

Post by ShahMt777 »

Airborne wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:15 pm
ShahMt777 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:45 pm

You do that I can assure you'll lose most of JFK- LHE passengers, if they were to make a transit stop at MAN, they'll just go to Gulf Carriers!

I mean they could keep both as a viable option cause what's the point of a one way direct flight and our airline and I totally agree with the fact that PIA would lose its passengers But haven't PIA already lost a great number of passengers already and I believe that the refurbished cabin could attract some decent amounts of Passengers on the MAN-JFK sector if advertised properly I mean I am not an expert just hoping the good of our airline which has been devastated by hell lot of political interference and now has become a burden upon us all
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

At one time PIA route to the USA was Karachi-Dubai-Cairo-Paris-New York or something similar and all flights had great loads.
Try this hop skip and jump route and what do you think the load factors would be?
PIA flights to the USA are forced to go via a security cleared airport but there is no such restriction for the return leg; if there was the vast majority would prefer the Gulf carriers for ease of schedules, comfort and customer service.

/

/

/
dabi
Registered Member

Post by dabi »

Wouldnt Shannon be a better option? I am sure the fee there is less than Manchester and since PIA only opens 1 or 2 seats on MAN-JFK sector, they might as well introduce Shannon as a stop and make it completely as a technical instead of picking up passengers. The Shannon stop doesnt deviate from the route that PIA already operates.
ShahMt777
Registered Member

Post by ShahMt777 »

One more viable thing could be that if And only our airline's Boeing 777 gets refurbished PIA should consider to increase its frequency to JFK to 4 weekly while 2 weekly with return leg to Lahore Directly while the other two to Manchester so In that way we could get The right amount of PAX we need as it will serve both the markets fairly well but for that we need The Boeing 777's of PIA to get refurbished sooner than later Cause I may not be an expert But I believe that the MAN-JFK and the JFK-MAN sector can provide our airline with decent revenue.