Female Passenger Allowed to Visit PIA Flight PK-853 Aircraft Cockpit

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
umar744
Registered Member

Re: Female Passenger Allowed to Visit PIA Flight PK-853 Aircraft Cockpit

Post by umar744 »

there nothing do wrong with Captain and First officer and cabin crew and passengers. How how how do Captain's wife or daughter or son staff ticket ID standby boarding pass card jump seat cockpit sit in cockpit correct legal. How do Captain or First Officer's girlfriend or sister or brother or family or relatives or friend or guest yes allow to visit cockpit? Irfan of Jang newspaper mistake error wrong stupid thick brain jealous attack PIA and staff and crew. All major other airline still allow Captain or First Officer's guest visit cockpit not one in PIA. I often fly other airline very good kind nice showed me to visit cockpit. I love PIA very much and PIA staff & crew & other passengers are lovely. I think Irfan of Jang jealous fight against crew staff pilot.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

`Cockpit passenger`: PIA grounds pilot

KARACHI:
The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has restrained one of its pilots from flying duties for letting a foreigner inside the cockpit. An investigation has begun in the case, it is learnt.

PIA spokesperson Mashhood Tajwar said in reply to a Dawn`s query that Capt Shehzad Aziz had been held back from his flying duties and an investigation initiated. Further action will be taken once the investigation is completed.

Complaints against the pilot came up after a video went viral on social media a few days ago, showing a Chinese woman inside the cockpit of the plane which was flying to China from Japan.

Source: DAWN
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Captain is the ultimate authority on a plane. I don't understandif a captain is comfortable with inviting a passenger or visitor to cockpit, where is the problem? Even if there's a policy on it, IMO the policy does not make sense.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources, statements of Captain and First Officer have been recorded. Final report will be presented in ten days.

Abbas

See you at:
Ameerjan
Registered Member

Post by Ameerjan »

Now a days on our news channels every news is a "Breaking News" - They are in search of making Breaking News.

This is not such a Big Deal. On a flight if we say Captain's decision is the last even at a worst scenario, then i think Captain have that much authority, if he/she feels safe/comfortable to allow a Passenger to visit cockpit. ( A passenger who passed all security checks & Boarded the Aircraft ).
proudPakistani
Registered Member

Post by proudPakistani »

Column in Urdu by Geo Columnist who filmed the incident in Jang Newspaper.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

faisal-777 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 am Captain is the ultimate authority on a plane. I don't understandif a captain is comfortable with inviting a passenger or visitor to cockpit, where is the problem? Even if there's a policy on it, IMO the policy does not make sense.
The 'ultimate authority' is to make decisions for 'safe conduct' of flight. Has to be within legal and procedural limits.
According to the news article, the passenger was in the cockpit during landing. That is a serious violation of 'sterile cockpit' procedures.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to latest reports, under the orders of PIA CEO Nayyer Hayat, flight PK-853 pilot who allowed a female passenger to visit the cockpit of airborne aircraft has been suspended. Earlier the inquiry report had rejected pilot's reply/statement on the matter.

Abbas

See you at:
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

what does 'moattal mean", just off duty for few days with full salary. Such disciplinary violations should have tough punitive actions, i.e loss of seniority, demotion, fine at least, if dismissal is considered too harsh.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I still remember it was early August 1985 and I was on my way for the first year of university in the US. Aircraft was AP-BAT and the flight took off from Frankfurt to New York and the first officer was the uncle of my best friend who was also traveling with me to college. Almost spent the entire flight in the cockpit and then landed at JFK I think around 4 pm. It was a windy landing and the the three cockpit crew members were cracking jokes. Still remember that journey and now due to some ASSHOLE who wants to report a simple cockpit visit by a traveler into something crazy just to put his damn video on Youtube he is going to steal such moments from thousands of young people.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Ammar
Registered Member

Post by Ammar »

I've often flown in the cockpit of flights, usually from or to the UAE due to connections with a managerial staff of PIA.
It's not just PIA, airlines such as LH have also often allowed myself and other pax enter the cockpit in front of my eyes, just on the basis of curiosity and enthusiasm. One passenger even got a full tour of the cockpit and crew bunks, etc.

Truly making a mountain out of a molehill.
"A mile of highway will take you a mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

On much insistence of the Senate Special Committee on the PIA, the adviser issued order for immediate suspension of a pilot, Shehzad Aziz, who during an international flight invited a Chinese lady passenger in the cockpit, and compromised safety of the plane.

However, it took one hour for the PIA human resource chief to show the suspension orders to the committee. “How come sexual predators are working in the PIA and nobody goes after them just because they are influential,” said Senator Sherry Rehman.

PIA’s acting Chief Executive Officer Nayyar Hayat also confirmed that Aziz had a history of indiscipline and sexual harassment. He said the pilot was currently working on a stay order of the SHC in a case against his alleged fake degree.

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1413474/la ... agues-pia/

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to PIA Investigation Committee report:

''Sitting in the cockpit of an unauthorized person is prohibited under CAA and PIA rules. Thus relevant rules have been violated thus security and safety of the aircraft as well as of passengers has been compromised, by the operating captain.''

Abbas

See you at:
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Abbas Ali wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm According to PIA Investigation Committee report:

''Sitting in the cockpit of an unauthorized person is prohibited under CAA and PIA rules. Thus relevant rules have been violated thus security and safety of the aircraft as well as of passengers has been compromised, by the operating captain.''

Abbas
Aoa Abbas, do you have the video link of this pls?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I don't have video. I saw these documents in DAWN News channel 10:00 PM headlines and missed taking screen grab of committee's recommendations.

I guess DAWN News channel June 13 9:00 PM news bulletin gave details.

Abbas

See you at: