UK security team monitors safety checks for UK-bound flights at Islamabad Airport

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

UK security team monitors safety checks for UK-bound flights at Islamabad Airport

Post by Abbas Ali »

RAWALPINDI: A British security team on Wednesday visited Benazir Bhutto International Airport for second time in two months to check safety of Britain bound flights.

The team, led by Stuart Peacock, member of UK's department for transport security, started its visit to BBIA on Tuesday and monitored the safety check of Britain bound flights, baggage scanning, and body search of passengers.

The team was accompanied by chief security officer ASF, general manager security PIA and Civil Aviation Authority officials.

During their visit, the team also went to a passenger plane that was getting ready for Manchester. They checked the plane and talked to the crew members as well as some passengers.

The team members also visited international departure lounge, where the check-in of passengers for two UK bound flights one for Birmingham and the other one for Manchester-was in progress. The team also observed the check-in of passengers, scanning of hold baggage, scanning of passengers at international counter and body search of passengers and staff as well.

The British security team also visited perimeter fencing, runway security posts, and Gammon gate before leaving the airport after their two days visit.

Source DAWN
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
rizwan150
Registered Member

Re: UK security team monitors safety checks for UK-bound flights at Islamabad Airport

Post by rizwan150 »

Is this a routine visit?

or we may take it as British Airways might be considering to start its services from Pakistan and may be from Islamabad?
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Re: UK security team monitors safety checks for UK-bound flights at Islamabad Airport

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

Hope British Airways starts flights again.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think it's a routine visit to check security arrangements for UK-bound PIA flights from Islamabad.

In case British Airways decide to resume Islamabad service then I think it's going to be from new airport of Islamabad.

Airport security will not be enough to welcome back western airlines. Western airlines I think also need assurance of secure accommodation of their crew at hotel and safe transportation between airport and hotel for resuming Pakistan flights.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Omairi7
Registered Member

Post by Omairi7 »

Its a normal routine for Pakistani airports. They usually checked Karachi and Islamabad on regular basis. Even at Karachi one of the staff members from British Embassy or security department usually stood at gate and check the documents himself.
I really wish if BA could come back to New Islamabad Airport, i heard this few months back while travelling on BA that they were reconsidering Pakistan flights too.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

Stop dreaming people.

British Airways are NOT going to return for the foreseeable future, even with the new airport being built. Pakistan is a poor country with trash yields (don't be offended, that's the reality!) No point fighting for pennies in Pakistan when they can make pounds flying elsewhere.
Feel free to add me to your MSN!