Shaheen AP-BLH turns 20

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Shaheen AP-BLH turns 20

Post by Amaad Lone »

Shaheen Air A320-232 turns 20 this may, with serial number 542 delivered new to Constellation International in 1997.

Will Shaheen Air have to withdraw this aircraft from its fleet according to the new aviation policy of Pakistan?

Alot of airlines in Europe fly their A320 fleet beyond 20 years and I think rather then forcing airlines to withdraw aircraft at 20, they should keep a strict check on their airworthiness and maybe extend this rule to 22 years.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: Shaheen AP-BLH turns 20

Post by faisal-777 »

Since air worthiness inspection and quality management cannot be trusted in Pakistani culture, 20 years age limit is a good thing. It avoids the need to closely monitor the things that could end up in disaster. I think there is some grace period for taking the aircraft out of service. It could be another year for which we might see it flying
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: Shaheen AP-BLH turns 20

Post by Amaad Lone »

also its not just the age of the aircraft, the total number of hours and cycles should also be a consideration when imposing such rules.

An aircraft can also be low hours airframe.
P.I.A

God's International Airline