PIA to Offer Daily Flight Service From Karachi to London

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA to Offer Daily Flight Service From Karachi to London

Post by Abbas Ali »

Karachi; April 20, 2017 - Starting from 25th April, 2017, PIA would be providing option of daily travel between Karachi and London. Two of these flights, on Wednesdays and Sundays would be operated directly, while on other days convenient connections within two to three hours would be provided to Lahore or Islamabad for flights operating from there.

For tickets purchased before 27th May 2017, PIA is also offering special promotional 15% discount on flights operating via Lahore and Islamabad, which would be valid for travel till the end of current year.

At a brief ceremony held at the PIA head office here this afternoon, CEO PIA Nayyar Hayat said that all possible steps are being taken to provide a better product to our valued passengers. He also said that our special focus would be to attract corporate clients who will now have the flexibility of choosing flights as per their convenience.

He directed all concerned departments to ensure that transiting passengers are provided special handling.

Source: PIA Press Release (April 20, 2017)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
shamxa
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Offer Daily Flight Service From Karachi to London

Post by shamxa »

So what this is is new through flights, making use of the already timetabled slots used by LHE and ISB?

I am not one to know about route success or expansion possibilities, but does this suggest that the load factor for the two cities to London is low enough to make a through-flight feasible?
Muhammad Rumman
Registered Member

Post by Muhammad Rumman »

I'm not an expert but I do know PIA gets good loads from Lahore and Islamabad to London. I think there aren't many passengers flying PIA from Karachi to London on PIA. Most probably due to Karachites preferring to fly Emirates or other ME carriers.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Abbas

See you at:
Ammar
Registered Member

Post by Ammar »

Muhammad Rumman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:45 pm I'm not an expert but I do know PIA gets good loads from Lahore and Islamabad to London. I think there aren't many passengers flying PIA from Karachi to London on PIA. Most probably due to Karachites preferring to fly Emirates or other ME carriers.
Recent trip reports on the forum on PK 787/8 show that the KHI-LHR-KHI route is doing surprisingly well during an off-season.
"A mile of highway will take you a mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA advertisement in April 24 newspaper:

Introducing a daily flight to London from Karachi

15% Discount*

*Discount offer valid till 27 May 2017
Effective for travel between April 25, 2017, to December 31, 2017

Terms and conditions apply

Abbas

See you at:
proudPakistani
Registered Member

Post by proudPakistani »

One of my cousin has to travel London from Islamabad in May 2017. I checked PIA website and fare from Karachi to London on indirect flights is PKR 66426 and on direct flight from Islamabad is PKR113226. :( :( :(

I asked him Take a train to Karachi in 10k and save 38k. :lol: :lol: :lol:
arshad.altaf
Registered Member

Post by arshad.altaf »

The Karachi-London flight leaves around mid day, not sure whether this one is a direct one or not. A number of times I spoke with passengers and over heard the PIA staff, the topic always was "half the plane is empty" and now another daily service. Who would want to go? Some brainiac PIA's route planners are!

Arshad