PIA Seeking Restoration of Two Recently Grounded Airbus A310-300 Aircraft To Service

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
zubairadil2016
Registered Member

Re: PIA Seeking Restoration of Two Recently Grounded Airbus A310-300 Aircraft To Service

Post by zubairadil2016 »

proudPakistani wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:08 pm PIA want to use A310 on KUL route.

Source 92 News:

Since last 2 weeks there is no direct flight for KHI-KUL route, They doing KHI-LHE-KUL /KUL-LHE-KHI for this route because they cannot fill B777, But that dose not mean to bring back A310 in service putting people's life in danger, Bad news for Pakistanis staying in Malaysia, I would pay more and use Thai,Sri Lankan or Malindo but no way I will fly in that expired A310 again.
I was happy when they were getting those A320s and few 777s that finally PIA is moving to right direction but since that wet lease A333 went back and now these A310s coming back to service Im losing my hope on PIA. :crying:
Abdullah
Registered Member

Re: PIA Seeking Restoration of Two Recently Grounded Airbus A310-300 Aircraft To Service

Post by Abdullah »

Since last 2 weeks there is no direct flight for KHI-KUL route, They doing KHI-LHE-KUL /KUL-LHE-KHI for this route because they cannot fill B777, But that dose not mean to bring back A310 in service putting people's life in danger, Bad news for Pakistanis staying in Malaysia, I would pay more and use Thai,Sri Lankan or Malindo but no way I will fly in that expired A310 again.
I was happy when they were getting those A320s and few 777s that finally PIA is moving to right direction but since that wet lease A333 went back and now these A310s coming back to service Im losing my hope on PIA. :crying:
Pakistan-1 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 pm 😭😭😭
Please pray for the people who will have to work/ travel on them
Don't be over. These A310s were able to fly more when PIA management decided not fly them.

These are not "Beyond Repair" aircraft, which PIA going to fly again. Proper maintenance and operational assessment can easily make these aircraft flyable. No doubt this may impact financial loss.
uzkt01
Registered Member

Post by uzkt01 »

Wouldn't leasing a A321 for KUL b a cheaper/better option.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

uzkt01 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:58 pm Wouldn't leasing a A321 for KUL b a cheaper/better option.
Seems like after FIA investigating lease, management is trying to avoid more leases to avoid getting in hot water :roll:
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Ammar
Registered Member

Post by Ammar »

PK-Geek wrote: ↑Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:42 am

Don't be over. These A310s were able to fly more when PIA management decided not fly them.

These are not "Beyond Repair" aircraft, which PIA going to fly again. Proper maintenance and operational assessment can easily make these aircraft flyable. No doubt this may impact financial loss.
It's not being over. They're right. The A310's are in a horrible state, so what if they're still usable? During takeoff they rattle like hell, the engines make wierd noises, and upon boarding the plane almost always has some pressurization problem. Every 2nd flight was returning back or diverting due to technical errors, It's happened with me personally and I used to read it on HOP. It was damaging PIA's name and causing the airline to lose customers rapidly. Almost all passengers who flew on the 310 recently stopped flying.
I booked by father in Business class on the 310 to Beijing hoping it wouldn't be such a bad journey in a premium class; upon arriving he changed his ticket to China Southern and vowed never to fly PIA on that route unless the plane changes. When it finally changed he began flying once again, and I'm sure the same has happened with many passengers.

These planes require heavy maintenance that PIA can't provide. Our 777s are far from perfect, but flying the 310s is plainly risking passenger lives. I won't fly PIA on an A310 route, even if you payed me.
"A mile of highway will take you a mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

It makes more sense to get the 310's airworthy rather than getting expensive wet lease for Hajj operations.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news report on following link, acting CEO PIA Nayyer Hayat has said that the airline will acquire aircraft on lease for Hajj flights. I think it means the idea of reactivating phased out A310s for Hajj flights is dropped.

https://www.express.pk/story/810298/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

hasan saleem wrote: ↑Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 pm It makes more sense to get the 310's airworthy rather than getting expensive wet lease for Hajj operations.
I really doubt that hajj operation can ever be in loss. At worse, maybe it is a break even
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Hajj operation have different dynamics, by design it is very difficult to make it break even. Reason is that all of the extra hajj flights do flew empty on side of journey. For e.g. Once they drop Hajji's at Jeddah airport before Hajj, Aircraft comes back with empty seats with just crew in it. While after hajj for picking Hajjis, Aircraft again goes empty to jeddah and brought back Hajjis.
faisal-777 wrote: ↑Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm
hasan saleem wrote: ↑Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 pm It makes more sense to get the 310's airworthy rather than getting expensive wet lease for Hajj operations.
I really doubt that hajj operation can ever be in loss. At worse, maybe it is a break even
So this makes really difficult to make any money on special extra sessions of Hajj flights, . However regularly scheduled flight for e.g. PK731/732 during this time period allowed to pick regular passengers.
Fortune favours brave.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Their is no point in flogging dead horse. A310's are gone for good and they really don't have much time and cycles left in them.
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to 92 News channel, two PIA Airbus A310-300 aircraft will come out of retirement to take part in airline's Hajj flights operation this year.

PIA is facing shortage of aircraft, according to 92 News.

Probably A310 registrations AP-BGP and AP-BGR to return to service?

Abbas

See you at:
GEnx
Registered Member

Post by GEnx »

Abbas Ali wrote: ↑Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:41 pm Image

According to 92 News channel, two PIA Airbus A310-300 aircraft will come out of retirement to take part in airline's Hajj flights operation this year.

PIA is facing shortage of aircraft, according to 92 News.

Probably A310 registrations AP-BGP and AP-BGR to return to service?

Abbas
AP-BGP & AP-BGO are currently in the hangers and undergoing restoration.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ thank you for the info.

Abbas

See you at:
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Hopefully, AP-BGP to start flying again from 22nd June 2017.
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

What sector will it operate on 22nd June ?

Are they being restored to all Eco config ?