PIA Invites Bids to Dry Lease up to Two Wide-body & up to Four Narrow-body Aircraft

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Re: PIA Invites Bids to Dry Lease up to Two Wide-body & up to Four Narrow-body Aircraft

Post by AP-BGL »

furqan_haider wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:41 am
AP-BGL wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 am
furqan_haider wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm They should also paint a/c in special liveries for each month and if not enough they should move down to paint them in each week day's special livery, and if again not enough they can move down to any hour of the day. Will that satisfy you?
I'm amazed celebrating Pakistan's anniversary by painting an aircraft is pain for people, Please give your suggestion to Emirates as well, they were always been crazy to paint aircraft to celebrate different occasions. Your advice might work for them and bring them on track.
You clearly didn't bother to think before quoting, yes I am "in pain" by suggestions for "special liveries" thousands of time daily, in almost every topic.
And, Yes I would have advised Emirates as well, only if they had low fleet size like PIA, and if they had some people with childish desires for wastage of money on special liveries and closing eyes from higher priorities, and as for PIA painting multiple times a heroic "Special Livery" was not enough!
I knew you'd quote the financial condition and less fleet of PIA, there would be thousands of other expenses that PIA could cut that you may have highlighted in addition to painting an aircraft with special colors. How about removing paint from all PIA aircrafts and using bare metal like AA did? With your concept, a country running all on loans wont be able celebrate independence by decorating its famous buildings with lights because there is hefty amount spent on such activities.
Adnan
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA Invites Bids to Dry Lease up to Two Wide-body & up to Four Narrow-body Aircraft

Post by Amaad Lone »

While getting any new aircraft is a welcome addition, PIA should have just gotten the two Ex Mexican 777-200ERs also.

In the next couple of years PIA should look at a 250 seater, as it takes them this long to induct any aircraft.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

AP-BMS first ever photos, before delivery flight.

Source: Facebook
Last edited by Abdullah on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

3 4 3 layout in economy feel sorry for the Pakistani crew and what happens to the bathrooms. OMG

On my flight to London and back both times one toilet got clogged by tissues.

Pakistanis do not know how to use the bathroom its shameful
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

Will the aircraft be painted in Khi?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Most likely will be painted in PIA livery at Karachi Airport.

It may even continue flying in these colours/hybrid markings for pre-Hajj flights before getting painted in PIA livery.

I think PIA needs this B777 urgently to take part in pre-Hajj flights operation.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abdullah
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah »

Aircraft will be painted in PIA livery at PIA Engineering & Maintenance facilities at JIAP, Karachi. It may take hybrid livery for some short period of time.
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

When is the delivery flught expected?
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Amaad Lone wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:37 am On my flight to London and back both times one toilet got clogged by tissues.
Even of they were travelling to Europe or US, you forgot they all were Pakistanis!
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

AP-BMS expected to depart for its delivery flight in the next 2-3 hours in shaa Allah.
Will land in Karachi in the early hours of 27-07-2017.
Silent.93
Registered Member

Post by Silent.93 »

will be waiting for AP-BMS photos or videos
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Abbas is right, PIA desperately needs this Aircraft in dense configuration to help support pre-Hajj operation.

between 4 viet Jet A320 Wet leasing process is also in progress.
Fortune favours brave.
aviator773
Registered Member

Post by aviator773 »

AP-BMS is airborne from Tarbes. ETA Karachi is 0845 Local time in shaa Allah.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Welcome Youngest 777 of PIA. Between AP-BID was the last 777 delivered to PIA in March 2008.
Fortune favours brave.
owais usmani
Registered Member

Post by owais usmani »

Credit to Syed Shajie Hussain at Plane Spotters Pakistan:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/planesp ... 784287054/

PIA's newest induction AP-BMS in partial Air Austral colours on short final for 25L.