PIA Starts Boarding by Rows Process at Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA Starts Boarding by Rows Process at Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore

Post by Abbas Ali »

Organised boarding by rows process started by PIA at airports of Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore for all aircraft except ATR turboprop.

https://twitter.com/Danyal_Gilani/statu ... 8674669569

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
pkjet
Registered Member

Re: PIA Starts Boarding by Rows Process at Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore

Post by pkjet »

What were they doing for the last 61 years ??!!!!

These "new" concepts that keep coming out in PIA are age old in aviation !
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

^Try getting Pakistanis to stand in line according to their row.

I dare you.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

Sherry3002 wrote:^Try getting Pakistanis to stand in line according to their row.

I dare you.
That's one. Making them obey the rules, not quarrel with attendants and responsible, have patience, not to jump the line, not to create a second line, etc. etc. are the other drops of the ocean that are required to be done.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Haha very true!
Even in organised airports like DXB and LHR, PIA flights display the sign: 'Gate closed' way before gate even opens. Happened to me personally too, as I'm sure has happened to other pax.

So while one may criticise PIA for inducting these measures way later than other airlines, it's a big challenge trying to organise boarding for passengers. They don't care whether you're Business Class, Row 1, Disabled or anything else, everyone's scrambling to get into the aircraft first.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

We need this at all PIA stations !

You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

pkjet wrote:We need this at all PIA stations !

Airlines do zones now. So zone 1 will be business. zone 2 will be read aircraft. Zone 3 middle etc.

No wonder PIA flights don't depart on time due to this. Also no offense but our people are usually obese and if one stands in the aisle, it's hard for another to pass through. Also there is no courtesy "hey let these guys pass then I will put my bag in overbin" instead it is "i paid for this ticket, let them wait forever until i try to fit this over sized bag in the overhead bin"

Another thing I noticed is when these very Pakistanis (Especially those that are most rowdy) fly international airlines like emirates, Delta, BA, they will be so nice, forming lines, apologizing. But when it is PIA, then they will steal tissues, hand wash soap and so forth.
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

I personally remember that EK always board according to Zones (while Boarding Economy Class the First Zone to be announced are the last rows of the Aircraft). I experienced that on all my EK Flights except the connecting Flight to Pakistan or from PK to DXB.

I really wish that Passengers can be disciplined to make one row and board according to their Zones or Rows but I don't have much hope that it will happen in Pakistan.

Anyhow let's see...
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

uzairali wrote:
Another thing I noticed is when these very Pakistanis (Especially those that are most rowdy) fly international airlines like emirates, Delta, BA, they will be so nice, forming lines, apologizing. But when it is PIA, then they will steal tissues, hand wash soap and so forth.
"Apna mulk hai, apni airline hai, apnay banday hain. Khair hai." That's their mentality. Since they don't feel intimidated by their own 'brothers', they just misuse the facilities, as demonstrated on the PIA Premier flights.

Also, there's no concept of Business boarding first. A business traveller literally have to step on people's feet, push them aside and make their way through by shoving if they don't arrive on time. When you tell them you're Club and it's your right to board first, they just sneer at you. To make matters worse, in ISB the Business Class Bus arrives right at the end to carry Business pax.
It'll be very difficult to maintain order, but I applaud PIA for attempting this daring feat.