Seat pre-allocation

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Ameerjan
Registered Member

Seat pre-allocation

Post by Ameerjan »

Dear Members,

Last night i traveled from KHI-UET (PK352) A320 -AP-BLW. I pre-allocate my seat as 8C. When it comes to boarding the gate agent issued me the boarding card with 13C. When i asked that i pre-allocated my seat as 8C why you issue me 13C. His answer was " Aircraft is changed " . I said it was A320 & Still its A320 & the seating sequence is same in all PIA A320. However he was unpolite.

Somehow its not a case im highlighting it because it happened to me but it can be happen or might be happened to anyone here & leads to reflect the services of the Airline

The Main Focus of this post is why the gate agents changed / locked /assign the pre-allocated seats to anyone else & whats the importance of the pre-allocating service on official website.

ammad
Registered Member

Re: Seat pre-allocation

Post by ammad »

This is very bad, they should n't be doing this and due to these factors PIA as an organization is doing soft landing. I would recommend you to launch official complain maybe some body listen you. But it is a big may be. Also, if you have boarding pass with you it have id of boarding pass issuing agent so you can mention his Id as well.

http://www.piac.com.pk/pia_policynterms ... tactus.asp
Fortune favours brave.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Airlines can change your chosen seat if they want, says a foreign airline employee on airliners.net.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

A window seat just above a wing is a torture :oops:
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

faisal-777 wrote:A window seat just above a wing is a torture :oops:
But this the place where centre of gravity is, hence you will be feeling very less turbulence at that place.
Fortune favours brave.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

Although this has never happened to me on PIA, it's happened multiple times on Emirates and indeed is really annoying. Very recently, in fact, I booked seat 7A on an A380 (which is the first seat in the Club cabin) for a long haul flight to LHR, just because I always prefer window seats. Instead of just changing my seat from 7A to 8A or something, they changed it to 23D (which is an aisle seat at the end of the upper deck) Due to this seat change, that entire flight was quite boring and noisy too since the passenger next to me was using the bassinet space for her baby. Airlines should really respect the fact that the passenger has pre-allocated a seat and that they shouldn't have the right to change the seat without informing the passenger and without good reason.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

ammad wrote:
faisal-777 wrote:A window seat just above a wing is a torture :oops:
But this the place where centre of gravity is, hence you will be feeling very less turbulence at that place.
You are right, but it blocks the view of the ground and whenever you look out of the window, you only see a steel structure spread around you. I traveled in a 787 a month ago, and unfortunately, I selected the seat just above the wing. Throughout the entire journey, i tried to have some view of ground below, and couldnt have it completely. For flyers like me who spend flight looking out, its annoying
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci