Turkish Airlines Plans to Downgrade Equipment for Lahore Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Turkish Airlines Plans to Downgrade Equipment for Lahore Flights

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to information on following link Turkish Airlines plans to replace Airbus A330-200 with Boeing 737-800 for Lahore flights.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... t-changes/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
kash
Registered Member

Re: Turkish Airlines Plans to Downgrade Equipment for Lahore Flights

Post by kash »

[-X why! Thats a shame. They have already done it for ISB and now LHE. I thought they were doing well and really give the ME airlines a run for thier money but sounds like it is not doing so well after all. Shame, i wanted to see a TK B777 coming into LHE.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Good chance for PIA to fill this void.
Fortune favours brave.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Does equipment downgrade also translate to fare reduction? And I am surprised why aren't they able to fill their flights to major pakistani destination. Turkish actually is the shortest travel option to European destinations
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
uzkt01
Registered Member

Post by uzkt01 »

faisal-777 wrote:Does equipment downgrade also translate to fare reduction? And I am surprised why aren't they able to fill their flights to major pakistani destination. Turkish actually is the shortest travel option to European destinations
May be people still prefer ME3 over short travel time :?
pkjet
Registered Member

TK714 Istanbul-Lahore downgraded from tonight

Post by pkjet »

TC-JVL,a brand new sharklet 737-800 is operating TK714 tonight,marking the start of the THY Winter timetable and of a downgrade in aircraft for LHE schedules. The aircraft is named Eyüp.

This particular Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-800 was performing flight TK1815 from Istanbul (Turkey) to Nice (France) a few months ago and was on approach to Nice's runway 22R when during the turn to final the aircraft overshot the extended runway center line taking the aircraft across the coastline over the city and descended below safe height.

The crew initiated a go around at about 550 feet MSL (425 feet Transponder Altitude at 1019 hPa QNH) and climbed out to safety. The aircraft positioned for a second approach and landed safely on runway 22R about 20 minutes later.

Strange that TK is considering increasing capacity for LHE/ISB yet is reducing comfort by downsizing equipment from a much larger A332 down to a much smaller 738 more commonly used for flights under 4 hours.
Last edited by pkjet on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

PIA used to fly 737 to Istanbul via three stops in late 90s.

TK might be wanting the increase using small aircraft.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

TK714 Istanbul to Lahore being operated tonight by a 737-900 !!

Named Ilica,this 739 was delivered 11th May 2015.

I sure hope my TK714 flight will be on a 739 !

The 737-800 seems too small for such a medium haul flight !
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Day 3 of the downgrade in equipment from Istanbul to Lahore and tonight it's 737-900 "Selçuk", a 5 year old 739.

I really think Turkish is quickly realising it's mistake in scheduling the 737-800 on the Lahore route.

The bigger more comfier 739 with Boeing SKY Interior is good consolation for the downgrade !

If anyone is thinking it,then no I won't be giving daily updates for TK714. I really hope that TK reconsider the downgrade !!!
Yasir Airways
Registered Member

Post by Yasir Airways »

If I remember correctly, the flight duration between IST -ISB was around 4 hours 50 mins on Airbus 330, when I flew TK in Jan 2016, so that isn't that bad.

Having worked on Ryanair B737-800 series aircraft and doing MAN - TFS or MAN - ACE sector used to be around 4 hours or sometimes due to tailwind it would go up to 5 hours one way. So that shouldn't be too bad for anyone to travel on B738, unless TK doesn't have IFE on board their B737 a/c.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

TK714 of 2nd November,instead of landing in Lahore seems to be heading for Karachi home of Green Turtle Waters.
Once again it's a 737-900 and named Bayburt (reg TC-JYD)....Looks like TK have realised a toy 738 is not suitable for Lahore !
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Could TK714 have gone to Karachi due to fog ?
A relative flew PK710 MANLHE yesterday and the flight landed this morning at 0619am,whereas TK714 was due into Lahore at 0450am ?
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

From 26 March, Turkish planning to upgrade the aircraft from B737-800 to A330-300.

A great news for travelers since a 5 and half hours long flight in narrow-body aircraft is said to cause fatigue more than wide-body aircraft. Probably I would share my trip report in coming months on this aircraft if I travel with Turkish airlines.

Source: turkishairlines.com
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

haroon_ek wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 pm From 26 March, Turkish planning to upgrade the aircraft from B737-800 to A330-300.

A great news for travelers since a 5 and half hours long flight in narrow-body aircraft is said to cause fatigue more than wide-body aircraft. Probably I would share my trip report in coming months on this aircraft if I travel with Turkish airlines.

Source: turkishairlines.com
But if the seat pitch is decent on narrow-body, I don't think it can make much difference at all. I recently traveled on an Air Berlin A320 for a 5.5 hour flight, and to be honest, I did not feel much difference from A330 from Qatar Airways. Although I would say couple of other factors can equally be instrumental in how comfortable your flight is (mainly mood and time of flight) :wink:
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci