PIA flights can now be booked online at Expedia

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

PIA flights can now be booked online at Expedia

Post by Zulfiqar »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1285398/pia-fl ... at-expedia

Passengers wishing to fly Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) anywhere around the world can now book their flights online from the comfort of their bedroom on Expedia.com.

Expedia is an online portal which can be used to book flights, hotels and car rentals. Expedia does not have a Pakistani version of its website.

PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani termed the development "a milestone".

PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani termed the development "a milestone".

Expedia is one of three major global players for flight bookings which competes aggressively with major players Priceline and Orbitz by constantly acquiring partner companies and launching promotional campaigns.
uzairali
Registered Member

Re: PIA flights can now be booked online at Expedia

Post by uzairali »

I would book through PIA and let them have the commision (which expedia will take) instead.

sadly pia booking through expedia will be more efficient than directly at pia website.
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

Just thought I would check this out for travel on BHX-ISB-BHX sectors travelling outbound 25 Oct and returning 19 Nov. PIA came up with a fare of £503 but Expedia still says there are no direct flights obetween the two cities on that date. Wonder if the agreement has yet to be implemented.

By the way, I have already booked travel on Qatar Airways travelling out BHX-ISB and return KHI-BHX for £337. Hardly any incentive to travel on PIA!!
shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

I tried looking for flights on an LHR-KHI return sector but PIA never showed up.

Interestingly enough, there is an option to use them on Kayak (no I'm not sponsored)
kash
Registered Member

Post by kash »

At times I have tried using Sky Scanner for MAN - LHE and it shows no direct flights. Qatar at £337! Wow that is a great bargain.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

PIA website is sadly the least impressive and extremely poor user and customer experience.
Adnan Anwar
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

PIA does show on Expedia.com search and via expedia.ca site search
Adnan Anwar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Adnan Anwar wrote:PIA website is sadly the least impressive and extremely poor user and customer experience.
Agreed, and it even allows you to select pair of cities, even if they do not operate between them. Many other airline sites do not allow you to select two cities between which they do not operate on. Most of the times choosing a date when there is no flight tells you no flights available, instead of redirecting to you to date when they fly
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci