PIA A330-300 sneak preview

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Re: PIA A330-300 sneak preview

Post by TAILWIND »

imiakhtar wrote:[quote="hamzaafzal"...............

One of the funniest and most absurd things I've ever read here.
[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
dreamliner99
Registered Member

Post by dreamliner99 »

hamzaafzal wrote:Thank you all for your feedback, One thing PIA can do is not to retire their old business class seats from 777 and put them into 777 economy and those economy seats of 777 can be adjusted into a330's economy and a330's economy seats can be put into use in a310. Like this they won't waste any seats except the a310 as they would be bound to retire. But the seat configuration is PIA's own fault. Why do they get planes on lease! It is their own fault that they getting different planes on lease which makes configuration difficult.
They would never use the old business class seats in the 777's as economy seats, the economy seats on the 777's aren't actually that bad. Many airlines like TK have different configurations as a result of leasing aircraft. I assume they will not touch the configuration of the a330's. Only suggestion I would have is to either change the economy seat configuration on the 777's to 3-4-3 like most airlines or advertise the fact that they have 3-3-3.
hamzaafzal
Registered Member

Post by hamzaafzal »

Yea, but the thing was A330's. dreamliner99 yes they should not touch the a330's because we are getting this ready made even the business class seats are the higher ones iykwim, so just the livery would be changed and the seats should be kept as they are.
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

5 years working in BA fleet and network management, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hamza, seeing as you and your fellow Pakistanis are so affluent, why don't you whip out a chequebook and buy an A330 for 110m. If that's too much of a stretch, perhaps a six year old Singapore A330-300 with 25000 hours on it for 70m is more affordable.
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

imiakhtar wrote:5 years working in BA fleet and network management, apparently I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hamza, seeing as you and your fellow Pakistanis are so affluent, why don't you whip out a chequebook and buy an A330 for 110m. If that's too much of a stretch, perhaps a six year old Singapore A330-300 with 25000 hours on it for 70m is more affordable.
WE Pakistanis created Emirates.It's a shame working at BA doesn't teach some people manners.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

imiakhtar wrote:Hamza, seeing as you and your fellow Pakistanis are so affluent, why don't you whip out a chequebook and buy an A330 for 110m. If that's too much of a stretch, perhaps a six year old Singapore A330-300 with 25000 hours on it for 70m is more affordable.
imiakhtar Why do you always have to be abusive and hostile towards others?

All this time reading your posts, all I've gathered about you is that you think your opinion is the most important one but the rest of the members are illiterate and their opinion is irrelevant.

Come off this self-centred attitude, it is a pure sign of arrogance - which surely isn't right.

If you don't like someone's input, do yourself and the rest of us a big favour - stay away from them.

I hope my message doesn't sound rude as I am not being rude but the way you treat some people on this forum isn't right and it must be stopped.

Some of us come to this forum to share our expertise and others (like myself) come here to learn something new.

Let's keep this place friendly, respect others' views and give them the opportunity to use this platform to learn and share - all without being harassed or humiliated.
Last edited by cpt_747 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: =D> =D> =D>
Wasilk
Registered Member

Post by Wasilk »

All this time reading your posts, all I've gathered about you is that you think your opinion is the most important one but the rest of the members are illiterate and their opinion is irrelevant.

Come off this self-centred attitude, it is a pure sign of arrogance - which surely isn't right.

If you don't like someone's input, do yourself and the rest of us a big safer - stay away from them.

I hope my message doesn't sound rude as I am not being rude but the way you treat some people on this forum isn't right and it must be stopped.

Some of us come to this forum to share our expertise and others (like myself) come here to learn something new.

Let's keep this place friendly, respect others' views and give them the opportunity to use this platform to learn and share - all without being harassed or humiliated.[/quote]

=D> =D> =D>
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

cpt_747 wrote:
imiakhtar wrote:Hamza, seeing as you and your fellow Pakistanis are so affluent, why don't you whip out a chequebook and buy an A330 for 110m. If that's too much of a stretch, perhaps a six year old Singapore A330-300 with 25000 hours on it for 70m is more affordable.
Because the ignorance exhibited in these threads is astounding.

Just take a look at the Glasgow thread and the line of reasoning used by some:

There are thousands of Pakistanis in Scotland ergo the flights must be profitable.

I heard from such and such that Zardari took money from such and such to stop the flights.

Always the rumour without fact AND the CONSPIRACY!
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

They may well be rumours hence they share it with the rest of us so we can talk about them and clarify any missunderstandings - all without being labelled, insulted, humiliated or sometimes all of them in one go.

Islamabad's new airport is a rumour too, there are no flights, no opening date in sight, just predictions and lots of photos of a building which is no where near completion - but did that stop us from talking about it?

Even this very A330 is a rumour as to speak.

Most of these people (like yourself and I) have been on this forum for years and like I said it before, most of us are here to learn and sometimes give our input to be part of the debate, something which should be welcomed and not attacked or criticised.

If you are one of those lucky ones to have worked for an airline like BA, you should be a role model in answering questions and clear rumours - all by being polite, courteous & respectful.

Please don't take it as a personal attack but these silly attacks have been going on for far too long and now they are becoming more malicious & direct, something everybody should be refrained from using.
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

I am glad cpt_747 has sensibly explained about etiquette and politeness. I doubt imiakhtar would get away with such attitude in BA assuming he even works there. The whole thread has been derailed for no reason. There is a recent press conference where Mr Hildenbrand talks about the new aircrAfts being leased ( these are the UL 330-330).
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
PK_Japan
Registered Member

Post by PK_Japan »

I know it is something better than nothing for PIA but believe me A 330 economy class seats are most uncomfortable seats compare to boeing aircrafts. Best economy seats with relaxing cabin are in B 787 and 2nd B 777. And guys please stop promoting 3 4 3 animal class seat configuration of Emirates for PIA. I have traveled with Emirates and it was one of the worst flight of my life.
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

imiakhtar wrote:
cpt_747 wrote:
Because the ignorance exhibited in these threads is astounding.

Just take a look at the Glasgow thread and the line of reasoning used by some:

There are thousands of Pakistanis in Scotland ergo the flights must be profitable.

I heard from such and such that Zardari took money from such and such to stop the flights.

Always the rumour without fact AND the CONSPIRACY!
I will give you the same advice you gave me in another thread. Don't waste your time with some of the posters here. :) If they had their way PK would have A380's flying to LHR and JFK daily.