PIA A330-300 sneak preview

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pkjet
Registered Member

PIA A330-300 sneak preview

Post by pkjet »

I doubt PIA will remove these luxurious Business and Economy seats from SriLankan's soon to arrive A330-300 aircraft. I do hope that PIA will have ethnic design pillows and blankets in Business which will make a statement not to mention throughout the aircraft.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by pkjet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
pkjet
Registered Member

Re: PIA A330-300 sneak preview

Post by pkjet »

London Heathrow is the focus destination for PIA also known as Premium Service. The A330-300 will be put on this route first to establish the Premium Service. So new aircraft,new livery and branding,new cabin interiors,new inflight services,new inflight catering.....Premium Service will set the benchmark for PIA to build on for the future.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

The economy class could use some improvement it is not as good as it looks trust me on that
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Pakistan-1 wrote:The economy class could use some improvement it is not as good as it looks trust me on that
You are correct Pakistan-1...but bear in mind this is the Cabin Appearance of Sri Lankan....in PIA service the headrest covers should have light green ethnic designs with a large PIA logo and matching blanket/pillow. Brand is everything and currently PIA has a mismatched,almost like several different airlines are operating under the PIA banner which is poor. But hopefully with Allah's will all will get better !
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

These seats only look good are very hard and uncomfortable to sit on during long flights
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Pakistan-1 wrote:These seats only look good are very hard and uncomfortable to sit on during long flights
I am sure they will be fine ! PIA has operated the A310 for 25 years,flying passengers in utmost comfort. I am sure the A330-300 will be just fine ! Although saying that,PIA should have got the A320 in the early 90's and the A330 in the mid 90's...admittedly PIA is very behind due to corruption and very low staff morale................but hopefuly PIA is moving in the right direction.
hamzaafzal
Registered Member

Post by hamzaafzal »

PIA should not remove those business class's seats because the people flying to LHR or UK are you know rich and wealthy and most of the families do purchase these because of the comfort as the people dont like to compromise their comfort. They won't take any risk flying in the economy. Therefore they are bound to purchase the ticket as money is not too much for them. Like Emirates from LHE to LHR is 325k for business class and that too a 777 from lhe and A380 from DXB, and PIA is round about 225k in business class of 777 and it is a direct flight. So 777>A330. Therefore the fair tax for business class of PIA A330 would not more than 250k or even 275k. People would save time in less money.

P.S: Hope I write right because this was my first proper discussion on any topic on this forum.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

hamzaafzal wrote:PIA should not remove those business class's seats because the people flying to LHR or UK are you know rich and wealthy and most of the families do purchase these because of the comfort as the people dont like to compromise their comfort. They won't take any risk flying in the economy. Therefore they are bound to purchase the ticket as money is not too much for them. Like Emirates from LHE to LHR is 325k for business class and that too a 777 from lhe and A380 from DXB, and PIA is round about 225k in business class of 777 and it is a direct flight. So 777>A330. Therefore the fair tax for business class of PIA A330 would not more than 250k or even 275k. People would save time in less money.

P.S: Hope I write right because this was my first proper discussion on any topic on this forum.

Hi Hamza and I am happy that my post encouraged your first response on the forum ! Indeed,the London catchment area has many affluent and wealthy Pakistani families who would love the Business seating shown above. Please see my thread PIA Longhaul Inflight Product Refresh for my suggestions to totally redesign PIA's Business Class Experience.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

1 777 will have a complete nose to tail makeover and be flying from February 2017 with new livery/seats/IFE/curtains/carpets. One problem with PIA is consistency meaning that with so many different aircraft types from several airlines,the seating configurations are all different. I wonder if the seats from the soon to be retired A310 will be refitted into the A330s ?
dreamliner99
Registered Member

Post by dreamliner99 »

I assume that PIA would keep the seats on the a330's, they wouldn't downgrade the seats just to keep it consistent with the rest of the fleet.
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

hamzaafzal wrote:PIA should not remove those business class's seats because the people flying to LHR or UK are you know rich and wealthy and most of the families do purchase these because of the comfort as the people dont like to compromise their comfort. They won't take any risk flying in the economy. Therefore they are bound to purchase the ticket as money is not too much for them. Like Emirates from LHE to LHR is 325k for business class and that too a 777 from lhe and A380 from DXB, and PIA is round about 225k in business class of 777 and it is a direct flight. So 777>A330. Therefore the fair tax for business class of PIA A330 would not more than 250k or even 275k. People would save time in less money.

One of the funniest and most absurd things I've ever read here.

It isn't the 'rich and wealthy' Pakistanis (of which there are very few) filling PK business to ISB but the foreign diplomats, NGOs (Oxfam, save thechildren, Islamic Relief etc) from the UK and elsewhere.

Have a look here for facts on ethnic minority income in the UK. Unsurprisingly, British Pakistanis are second to last just behind Bengalis:

Among those in working families, around 65% of Bangladeshis, 50% of Pakistanis and 30% of Black Africans are in low income. These rates are much higher than those for White British (10%), White other, Indians and Black Caribbeans (all 15-20%).
In all parts of the country, people from ethnic minorities are, on average, more likely to live in low-income households than White British people. The differences are, however, much higher in inner London and the English North and Midlands than in the rest of the United Kingdom.
Although, overall, the rate of low income is much higher in London than in the rest of the country (see the indicator on location of low income), the rate of low income for White British people in London is actually similar to that in the rest of the United Kingdom.
More than half of people living in low-income households in London are from ethnic minorities. This is as a result of the high proportion of people from ethnic minorities in London who are in low income combined with the high proportion of the total population in London who are from ethnic minorities.

http://www.poverty.org.uk/06/index.shtml
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

imiakhtar wrote:

One of the funniest and most absurd things I've ever read here.

It isn't the 'rich and wealthy' Pakistanis (of which there are very few) filling PK business to ISB but the foreign diplomats, NGOs (Oxfam, save thechildren, Islamic Relief etc) from the UK and elsewhere.

Have a look here for facts on ethnic minority income in the UK. Unsurprisingly, British Pakistanis are second to last just behind Bengalis:

Among those in working families, around 65% of Bangladeshis, 50% of Pakistanis and 30% of Black Africans are in low income. These rates are much higher than those for White British (10%), White other, Indians and Black Caribbeans (all 15-20%).
In all parts of the country, people from ethnic minorities are, on average, more likely to live in low-income households than White British people. The differences are, however, much higher in inner London and the English North and Midlands than in the rest of the United Kingdom.
Although, overall, the rate of low income is much higher in London than in the rest of the country (see the indicator on location of low income), the rate of low income for White British people in London is actually similar to that in the rest of the United Kingdom.
More than half of people living in low-income households in London are from ethnic minorities. This is as a result of the high proportion of people from ethnic minorities in London who are in low income combined with the high proportion of the total population in London who are from ethnic minorities.

http://www.poverty.org.uk/06/index.shtml

imiakhtar firstly it is highly impolite for you to shoot down Hamza's views just because you don't agree. The idea of a debate is to encourage views and to be respectful of other's opinions. You should not attack a forum member no matter what. Hamza is entirely correct that Pakistanis,a bit like any savvy traveller,WILL pay extra so long as they are getting a higher level of comfort. Thousands of passengers fly into/out of Pakistan daily in both Business and Economy Class,flights are normally full.
I am not entirely sure what kind of Pakistanis you associate with in the UK,but being an ex PIA UK staff member and loyal passenger for over 30 decades,I can count on one hand how many "foreign" passengers I have seen in PIA's Business Class. The majority of PIA passengers are always going to be Pakistani. I suggest you research affluent Pakistanis in Glasgow,Manchester and London as your statements have no weight behind them.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Welcome Hamza

Yes, you are right i have seen increase trend of availing/purchasing business class seats for travel to and from Pakistan to UK and mainly contributed to better earning power of many Pakistanis residing in UK.
Fortune favours brave.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

pkjet wrote:1 777 will have a complete nose to tail makeover and be flying from February 2017 with new livery/seats/IFE/curtains/carpets. One problem with PIA is consistency meaning that with so many different aircraft types from several airlines,the seating configurations are all different. I wonder if the seats from the soon to be retired A310 will be refitted into the A330s ?
I don't know if those seats can fit in a330, but i've been posting on forums that no one seems to notice is...

1-2-1 first class
2-3-2 business class
3-3-3 premium economy (or not)
3-4-3 economy

Many people choose PIA business class because it's cheaper than competitors and also a bit better service than economy. By removing 2-3-2, business passengers will be left with either 1-2-1 at higher cost or 3-3-3 economy class, a downgrade. So PIA should use the a310 seats on 777.
hamzaafzal
Registered Member

Post by hamzaafzal »

Thank you all for your feedback, One thing PIA can do is not to retire their old business class seats from 777 and put them into 777 economy and those economy seats of 777 can be adjusted into a330's economy and a330's economy seats can be put into use in a310. Like this they won't waste any seats except the a310 as they would be bound to retire. But the seat configuration is PIA's own fault. Why do they get planes on lease! It is their own fault that they getting different planes on lease which makes configuration difficult.