PIA Aircraft to Carry PM Sharif from London to Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Re: PIA Aircraft to Carry PM Sharif from London to Pakistan

Post by Sherry3002 »

Back wrote:And we expect someone with a last name sounding like a burnt german zeppelin, to turn this poor airline around.
I'm still trying to comprehend how this line was necessary? Who cares what his name sounds like, I'm sure the Germans think Ahmed or Umer or other Pakistani names sound awful, and if this was a comment from a foreigner, everyone would be going on about Anti-Pakistani racism, bigotry or whining with some other excuse.
Live and let live for Heaven's sake, if the man is trying to do his job and doing well, let him.
Bluemax wrote: Mind your own Business. Did I asked your opinion ?
You're posting on a public forum, you evidently are asking for our opinions and quite unnecessarily sharing yours by sharing a video that has nothing to do with PIA or aviation. Try some political forum or PTI's FB page if you want to vandalise forums.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

Abbas Ali wrote:Is cancellation of PIA flight PK-711 from Karachi to New York via Lahore & Manchester related to flight to be performed by airline's aircraft for PM Sharif?

Source: lahoreairport.com.pk

Seems PIA Boeing 777-240LR registration AP-BGY was going to perform flight PK-711.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas
Only the KHI-LHE part of PK 711 is cancelled. After the 777 carrying his royal highness arrives at Lahore, it will depart as PK 711 to Manchester at 2115.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

AP-BGY PK7872 from KHI to STN arrive Sat 9 July early morning 0600am and departure PK2 0700am from STN to LHE then PK711 from LHE to MAN arrive late night and departure from MAN to JFK Sunday early morning. PK758 full seat LHR-LHE there no available because of July high peak season even other airlines full seats due to Eid and summer holidays except between UK and USA / Canada still available. my friend tried to book LHR-LHE there no available the moment till August. No revenue passenger allow purchase and board in PK7872 and PK2 even PIA staff no allow fly it except only duty cockpit and duty cabin crew allowed
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

I wonder if the plane can land at stansted and PIA can compensate passengers for taking them there instead of heathrow.

I suspect that landing at heathrow, then going to stansted in a 777 is going to cost quite a few thousands of pounds.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

you see flight number is "PK2" for only VVIP cannot carry revenue passengers I know all airlines never allow any revenue passenger into VVIP flights
I think guess maybe perhaps Nawaz Sharif's own travel expense pay but I am NOT sure because he is millionaire business man.
Last few month ago Thai Airways aircraft changed from B77W 42 Business class and 306 Economy Class to B744 seat F8 C40 Y325 then I was standby to fly it but BAA = British Airport Authority law limited 348 seat revenue passengers but only non-revenue passenger e.g staff allowed I got lucky sat First class seat but only Business class meal food for staff ticket C Business class. only 7 staff but 20 seat still available no allowed more than 348 seat on 777 aircrafts. PIA applied 777 family e.g 772 77L 77W allowed variable seats lucky but Thai Airways applied permanent fixed 77@ seat 348 and A380 seat 506 because they did not applied variable aircraft or family aircraft.
Last edited by umar744 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

umar744 wrote:you see flight number is "PK2" for only VVIP cannot carry revenue passengers I know all airlines never allow any revenue passenger into VVIP flights
I think guess maybe perhaps Nawaz Sharif's own travel expense pay but I am NOT sure because he is millionaire business man.
billionare
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

I remember 4 four years ago Thai Airways A340-500 flew VVIP to Zurich and I asked for seat flight VVIP from Zurich to BKK when Captain's wife with Captain from BKK to ZRH then after it then in ZRH refused Captain's wife on VVIP flight from ZRH-BKK then she and me got seat normal flight A340-600 from ZRH to BKK.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Defending dedication of an aircraft, a spokesman for the PIA said in a statement that due to the prime minister’s health issues, PM Office had partly been shifted to London where a camp office had been set up. “Now that the PM has recovered after his surgery and is allowed to travel, the whole camp office has to be shifted back to Pakistan. On PIA’s regular flights, so many seats were not available, due to which the only option was to depute a dedicated aircraft.”

The interior of the special aircraft, Boeing-777 that serves on the PIA’s North America route, underwent some changes — from the normal economy class to the VIP class having luxury seating and relaxing/sleeping arrangements. Except the crew members, there will be no passengers on board when the aircraft leaves for London.

The sources said that a number of routine flights of the national carrier would be delayed because of the dedication of Boeing-777.

They said that the per hour operating cost of the Boeing-777 came to around $20,000 (over Rs2 million) and the whole trip would cost between $400,000 and $480,000.

The sources said that the Boeing-777 aircraft were usually used for long-haul flights so some of the transatlantic flights would also be delayed and the crew stationed at the US destination would be staying there for at least one additional day and their stay would also cost additional expenses in dollars to the PIA.

However, PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani insisted that there would be no loss to the PIA.

There will not be any significant delays in other flights due to the PM’s special flight as alternative arrangements had been made, he added.

Source: DAWN
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Boeing 777-240LR registration AP-BGY as VIP flight PK-2 has departed from London Stansted Airport.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/pk2

Abbas

See you at:
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

They said that the per hour operating cost of the Boeing-777 came to around $20,000 (over Rs2 million) and the whole trip would cost between $400,000 and $480,000.
However, PIA spokesperson Danyal Gilani insisted that there would be no loss to the PIA.
If this flight is not causing any loss to PIA then whose paying the cost of this flight which is around $400,000 - $480,000 ?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

raihans wrote:
If this flight is not causing any loss to PIA then whose paying the cost of this flight which is around $400,000 - $480,000 ?
Yes they should make clear who is paying for it - does he pays it from his own pocket or does the tax payer have to pay for it. This is the point here. By the way I tihnk with the statement that there would be no losses for PIA they probably mean that they get the money for the flight (perhaps from the taxpayer) but forget that PIA is still not privatized so finally the losses remains onto the taxpayer of Pakistan (still under the Assumption that he has not paid it from his own pocket)

By the way Iam quite uninterested in Pakistani Poltics and politicians so Iam in no favor for anyone there and I hope that this Forum will remain free from politics in future as well.

Thanks Sherry3002 for your last Comment :thumbs_up:
Best Regards / Wa´alaikumusalam
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

Can you try to ask PIA ticket & reservation office for book seat PK7872 KHI-STN and PK2 STN-LHE but they will NEVER book seat & give ticket. it same even PIA staff, PIA cabin crew's wife or children or PIA's pilot's wife or children DO NOT allow fly PK7872 and PK2 same me I REMEMBER my LATE old friend Captain tried to get me PK7872 extra flight from KHI to LHR for bring extra passenger PK7862 from LHR to ISB but my late friend Captain hard work long processed special permission arranged Pakistan immigration authorised and sent telex to LHR and approved then Captain & first officer & one 1 cabin crew direct to Aircraft from flight operation through PIA crew bus but Captain helped me with PIA staff to immigration & customs then PIA crew bus to aircraft outside hangars but my suitcase after X-ray then I carry my suitcase into cabin same PIA crew then we flew 43000feet Mach 0.86 fast 7 hours 38mins instead of 8hours 40mins. unfortunately present nobody fly it because of e-ticket since changed from paper coupon ticket to electric ticket.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Arrival of PIA Boeing 777-240LR registration AP-BGY at Lahore Airport as VIP flight PK-2 from London Stansted Airport. The Boeing 777 was parked on Hajj Terminal aircraft parking bay.

Flight PK-2 was completed by AP-BGY in six hours & forty-six minutes.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ap-bgy

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

AP-BGY departed from Lahore Airport at 9:49 PM as PIA commercial flight PK-711 to New York via Manchester.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ap-bgy

The Boeing 777 had arrived in Lahore at 6:59 PM as VIP flight PK-2 from London Stansted.

I guess it means the aircraft had retained its commercial flights cabin configuration for the VIP flight.

Abbas

See you at:
Back
Registered Member

Post by Back »

I am impressed by our prime minister's modesty.
Can you even begin to understand how difficult it must have been for him and his family to travel for seven long hours, in below standard business class seats on a B777.
And here we are cribbing about only half a million dollars of tax payers money.
Shame on us.