Pakistan to JFK direct route, hire US employees?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
uzairali
Registered Member

Pakistan to JFK direct route, hire US employees?

Post by uzairali »

USA doesn't allow direct flights between Pakistan to JFK. So what if we pay US security people (that USA is comfortable with) to be stationed at Pakistani airport that oversee the security or do it themselves? PIA can also pay for US Marshall onboard too.

It's a turn off for people having to go through security again in UK, adds extra hours into overall flight, also increases fuel cost, landing fees, security/airport fees by passengers. The route must be profitable and hence PIA continues to serve it despite this. I suppose the extra cost PIA has to pay due to stop over must be at least 5000$ per flight, or $15000 per week (3 flights) or $60,000 a month or $720,000 a year. We can likely hire 14 US security people for about $50,000 per annum salary. Yes, it may cost the same as 720k as before, but at least it'll benefit passengers.

Since there are only 3 flights a week to JFK (Which needs 3-5 hours for security checks), we can also use these people to do checks for Europe, Canada bound flights. Since they will be impossible to bribe (We do see drugs coming on board from Pakistan), it'll improve country's and airline's image.
bukhari917
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan to JFK direct route, hire US employees?

Post by bukhari917 »

Its not that difficult to have direct flights to US if we are in senses. They stopped you for security reasons. Not because they are afraid of you but because they require a special standard for security and you are not using it. Frequent international travellers must have seen dedicated gates and special kind of scanners that you need to pass through for direct flight to US, there must be some other similar standards. Now its not a rocket science to buy that equipment. I have seen many small countries who have direct flight to US. Kiev Airport in Ukarine, Belgrade in Serbia are few of the examples who are allowed direct flights. Many south american, asian and european countries (almost all) are eligible to have a direct flight. Now only if our leaders have enough sense to ask for upgradation of security system, we could be allowed this. Its hard for me to accept that they don't know this, I doubt they deliberately not going for this because we don't have enough flights for US and for such a low frequency we better avoid extra bucks and spend it on our vip travelling. I hope because PIA is expecting to make new ISB its new hub, we should be able to see such arrangment at ISB airport. Its just my intuition. :lol: :lol:
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

If i remember correctly, out of 3 Pakistani Airports Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, direct flights were allowed from 2 airports (Lahore was one of them) after the US security department inspection at these airports though the CAA insisted for 3 of them to be cleared for direct flights which did not got materialized at that time when PIA received T7s
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Post by rayyanullah »

Going with one stop via Shannon and getting pre-clearance for USA could be a better option. Manchester has to be thrown out of this route.