Japan to Provide Facial Recognition System for Pakistani Airports

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Japan to Provide Facial Recognition System for Pakistani Airports

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to PTV News, Japan will provide facial recognition system for passengers at airports of Pakistan. In this regard an agreement has been signed between Pakistan and Japan in Islamabad.

In first stage this modern system will be installed at Karachi Airport.

The system will help in improving airport security procedures.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Japan to Provide Facial Recognition System for Pakistani Airports

Post by Abbas Ali »

Equipment provided by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for improvement of security at airports of Pakistan.

The equipment consists of explosives detection systems, vehicle scanners and cargo vehicle scanners installed or to be installed at airports of Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore.

Photos Source: ummat.net

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
shamxa
Registered Member

Post by shamxa »

For the facial scanners, is that for the purposes of forming immigration E-gates?
t_kaay
Registered Member

Post by t_kaay »

Not much use seeing as you don't need to get your baggage screened as long as you pay the security staff £10. I still can't believe that in over 20 years nothing has been done to stamp out the bribery at an international airport.
pk363
Registered Member

Post by pk363 »

t_kaay wrote:Not much use seeing as you don't need to get your baggage screened as long as you pay the security staff £10. I still can't believe that in over 20 years nothing has been done to stamp out the bribery at an international airport.
I don't know on which Pakistani airport ASF exempts you from screening against GBP10, since 1989 I have extensively travelled on domestic and international sectors from airports across the country and have never seen a single instance where anyone was exempted from baggage screening in exchange of 10quads. This includes Rawal lounge at ISB and CIP lounge UET. Even from airports like Sawan and Bhit which are exclusively for chartered operations there used to be an ASF guy to do baggage check and body search before we could embark twin otters or F27.

The above does not imply at all that I am denying corruption otherwise at our airports.