PIA to Introduce New Corporate Identity & Aircraft Livery by the End of 2016

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pkjet
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Introduce New Corporate Identity & Aircraft Livery by the End of 2016

Post by pkjet »

CoyBoy wrote:
pkjet wrote: Landor,who by the way, designed PIA's Karachi Lounge.
Really? any pics?
Hey Coyboy,
A while back,Landor sent me a corporate information pack which showed clients they had worked with. I will need to dig it out and post a picture of the factsheet here. They commissioned local Pakistani artists and designers. That is what is missing in PIA. A collection of the best of Pakistan on the ground and in the air.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
hamzaafzal
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Introduce New Corporate Identity & Aircraft Livery by the End of 2016

Post by hamzaafzal »

PIA should not keep their livery simple, infact they should introduce the livery like the mughal gardens and kashmir etc. Because Pakistan is lacking in tourism and this would be a great idea to advertise without any money except the livery painting charges.Image
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

hamzaafzal wrote:PIA should not keep their livery simple, infact they should introduce the livery like the mughal gardens and kashmir etc. Because Pakistan is lacking in tourism and this would be a great idea to advertise without any money except the livery painting charges.Image
Allah na karay that we ever see cartoons/doodles/blackgreen methi splattering on PIA aircraft ever again. The Green Tail with bold white PIA lettering is simple yet powerful and evokes emotion with PIA. Nothing else will ever compare. How about Visit Pakistan titles on the underbelly or a visit Pakistan website link on the rear fuselage ?
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Apparently there might not be a new livery according to a source
Last edited by Pakistan-1 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Sherry3002
Registered Member

Post by Sherry3002 »

hamzaafzal wrote:PIA should not keep their livery simple, infact they should introduce the livery like the mughal gardens and kashmir etc. Because Pakistan is lacking in tourism and this would be a great idea to advertise without any money except the livery painting charges.Image
Along with the 1980s livery, this was one of my all time favourites.
It depicted the beauty of Pakistan, and was really eye-catching. At a foreign airport amongst 100s of other airlines, that's what you want.
PIA, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Lufthansa, BA, Turkish, American, AirBerlin, Thai, Air France, Delta, Korean, Qantas, and many more. :D

SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

Sherry3002 wrote:
Along with the 1980s livery, this was one of my all time favourites.
It depicted the beauty of Pakistan, and was really eye-catching. At a foreign airport amongst 100s of other airlines, that's what you want.
I share the same views. These cultural liveries depicted what Pakistan is, a mesh of different identities. I wish it continued further. But I would be happy if PIA reverts to 80's style and along with it brings back the glory days of 80s.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Back when I gave the 80's livery a modern twist
Back
Registered Member

Post by Back »

Can someone enlighten us about the glory of PIA in the eighties.
Was PIA even in the top 50 airlines at that time.
What did I miss ?
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

These 2 are one of the best concepts out there
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

It's a little bit off topic, but today I saw 777-340ER AP-BHW approaching Jeddah Airport today, there wasn't PAKISTAN painted on its belly. Any reason why?
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Pakistan-1 wrote:Apparently there might not be a new livery according to a source
CEO said they plan to, so it wasnt confirmed in any case, if your source is correct, I hope flag loving gang in govt. havent prevented change, back in 2008 too they had created fuss over removal of cartoonish flag tail.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Abdulrafeysiddiqui wrote:It's a little bit off topic, but today I saw 777-340ER AP-BHW approaching Jeddah Airport today, there wasn't PAKISTAN painted on its belly. Any reason why?
Pakistan title is not applied on aircraft belly anymore saw A320 and ATr72 without it too.
Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui »

CoyBoy wrote:
Abdulrafeysiddiqui wrote:It's a little bit off topic, but today I saw 777-340ER AP-BHW approaching Jeddah Airport today, there wasn't PAKISTAN painted on its belly. Any reason why?
Pakistan title is not applied on aircraft belly anymore saw A320 and ATr72 without it too.
Why? It looked prety nice
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

A standard version of current livery is not applied on entire PIA fleet.

Example:
Some aircraft have star & crescent on engine covers.
Some have stylised PIA Urdu logo on engine covers.
Some have single green fuselage stripe.
Some have green & yellow fuselage stripe.
Some have Pakistan titles on belly.
Some are without Pakistan titles on belly.

Apparently such things happen when you don't hire a good international company for designing corporate identity/aircraft livery.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Back wrote:Can someone enlighten us about the glory of PIA in the eighties.
Was PIA even in the top 50 airlines at that time.
What did I miss ?
It wasnt, thar era was only in the 1960s.