Airbus A310s to be Phased Out from PIA Fleet After Hajj

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
uzairali
Registered Member

Re: Airbus A310s to be Phased Out from PIA Fleet After Hajj

Post by uzairali »

zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:
Pakistan-1 wrote:UL's A333 have flat bed Seats in their business class

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/srila ... s/a330-300
I also assume that the A333 will not be painted until the end of the year when the new livery is introduced

Excellent for Australia/NZ route! Hopefully we can do direct Paris, Frankfurt as well.

Are you talking about PK flying to Australia/NZ? I hope not because that will never happen.

Why not? They've good business class seats too! What's wrong with a 3 weekly direct flights to Pakistan? PIA can surely fly them cheaper than Etihad, considering first Etihad pays for lengthier flight to the west, then another plane goes to sky onwards to Pakistan.

PIA used to have office there a few years back.
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

uzairali wrote:
zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:

I also assume that the A333 will not be painted until the end of the year when the new livery is introduced

Excellent for Australia/NZ route! Hopefully we can do direct Paris, Frankfurt as well.

Are you talking about PK flying to Australia/NZ? I hope not because that will never happen.

Why not? They've good business class seats too! What's wrong with a 3 weekly direct flights to Pakistan? PIA can surely fly them cheaper than Etihad, considering first Etihad pays for lengthier flight to the west, then another plane goes to sky onwards to Pakistan.

Forget about seats or whether PIA is closer etc. There is simply not enough traffic. Air India struggles with a 3 weekly service and they have to triangle it to MEl/SYD and DEL/BOM and they have 787s.

That's just one problem. Even if PK had 787s there simply aren't enough Pakistanis. And PK offers no connections that would entice other travellers to jump ship.
Usman ali
Registered Member

Post by Usman ali »

zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:
zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:

Forget about seats or whether PIA is closer etc. There is simply not enough traffic. Air India struggles with a 3 weekly service and they have to triangle it to MEl/SYD and DEL/BOM and they have 787s.

That's just one problem. Even if PK had 787s there simply aren't enough Pakistanis. And PK offers no connections that would entice other travellers to jump ship.
There are a lot of Pakistanis in Sydney and thai flights from Karachi and Lahore are full of passengers for Australia. Mostly more passengers for Australia than for bangkok.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

Maybe south Africa can be served too! About 40,000 Pakistanis live there.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:
zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:

The triangle is the problem. If they're going to make someone from Sydney or Melbourne to Bombay in many stop overs, what incentive it has over other airlines then? National carrier runs due to direct flights.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Instead of scrapping the four operational A310-300s PIA should try to sell them to an airline like Mahan Air that is still operating a large A310-300 fleet.

These airbuses can still be used for another few years by a well managed airline like Mahan or at least they can be parted out for spares to be used on the existing Mahan fleet.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
zainman88
Registered Member

Post by zainman88 »

Usman ali wrote:
zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:
zainman88 wrote:
uzairali wrote:

There are a lot of Pakistanis in Sydney and thai flights from Karachi and Lahore are full of passengers for Australia. Mostly more passengers for Australia than for bangkok.

Not enough traffic. They go with TG because there is no other choice. No way near enough to support PK. Anyway this thread is about A310's, good riddance!
imiakhtar
Registered Member

Post by imiakhtar »

zainman88 wrote:Not enough traffic. They go with TG because there is no other choice. No way near enough to support PK. Anyway this thread is about A310's, good riddance!
Don't waste your time replying to them Zain.

Some users have no understanding of the airline industry AND think PIA should be some sort of taxi service.

Hopefully PIA does a proper job of scrapping these aircraft and they don't become part of the junkyard at Karachi.
Feel free to add me to your MSN!
zubairadil2016
Registered Member

Post by zubairadil2016 »

What aircraft PIA will use on the routes Where A310 flying now after its retirement?
Like Beijing, Tokyo or Kuala Lumpur anyone have any idea?
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

are the current active 310 in in all eco layout ?
gooner14
Registered Member

Post by gooner14 »

The last time I travelled on the A310 they had those outdated yellowish business class seats. I am travelling inshAllah this Saturday from KHI - ISB on the A310 so I'll have a look again. Whatever the case, the interior of the planes are in a terrible state
gooner14
Registered Member

Post by gooner14 »

Are they still planning on phasing them out? The planes are in terrible state, even business class looks more similar to seats on a local dulhan bus.
zubairadil2016
Registered Member

Post by zubairadil2016 »

my brother just got ticket for KUL-KHI-KHI-KUL he will be travelling in December and January the ticket shows aircraft is A310 for both sides.
AM Kay
Registered Member

Post by AM Kay »

I am supposed to fly KHI-KUL early October and the aircraft mentioned is A-310. I tried to confirm it with PIA staff but they seems to be unaware of any such thing about scrapping A-310s. Lets see what happens :-k
God Speed........!
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

They arent getting any replacements for them so how can they be dumped unless traffic has lessened and the A320s are sufficient for that.