Use A310 for gov't private plane

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
uzairali
Registered Member

Use A310 for gov't private plane

Post by uzairali »

I was wondering why don't we continue to use the a310 after retiring from PIA fleet to transport head of state?

I know they are old with many flight hours, but the head of state doesn't fly as often.

Second, I know they're gas guzzlers compared to a smaller aircraft. But it certainly is better than buying private jet for 20-40m. Also certainly better than having an a320 taken out of Pia inventory, change seat layout, fly empty from karachi to Islamabad then to destination, then back to base for sometime, then go back to pick the PM again.

A310 are wide too, with lots of cargo space. It can certainly please the PM, as he can have a bed and shower service too!

And if someone thinks a310 is too old to be carrying pm, well then it shouldn't carry normal passengers too.

So go ahead and take it out of commercial service with some life left. Or even Punjab PM can buy it instead of paying $20-40m for smaller jet.
zubairadil2016
Registered Member

Re: Use a310 for gov't private plane

Post by zubairadil2016 »

Reconfigure interior of that 25 years old aircraft for VIP use i think it will cost alot we already have taken the last drop of juice from all A310s it would be batter just to retire them and don't waste any more money on that 25 years old aircraft this is what my opinion. :|
Squawk_1200
Registered Member

Post by Squawk_1200 »

If PIA trade off there Airbus A310 aircraft now PIA will find a buyer in North America , package carrying company Federal Express might be interested in A310 as they have mix fleet of cargo configured mix fleet of about 100 Airbus A300 and A310 , most of them are ex Eastern Pan Am and American aircraft some even older than PIA airplanes.
Airplane is flown with brain not with stick and rudder.
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

zubairadil2016 wrote:Reconfigure interior of that 25 years old aircraft for VIP use i think it will cost alot we already have taken the last drop of juice from all A310s it would be batter just to retire them and don't waste any more money on that 25 years old aircraft this is what my opinion. :|
It will cost less than 20 million dollars nonetheless. Also PIA had previously done a310 VIP, so they may still have some of the interior.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Use A310 for gov't private plane

Post by Abbas Ali »

In my opinion, A310 is too big for routes and passenger load typically flown by aircraft of Pakistan's provincial governments. Small business jets are suitable, economical and easy to maintain for provincial governments.

As far as federal government is concerned, PAF Gulfstreams are performing majority of VIP flights for the President and Prime Minister and in my opinion PIA aircraft should be used for VIP flights when needed with payment to the airline instead of spending money on procuring & maintaining dedicated VIP Boeing or Airbus aircraft.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: