TRIP REPORT!!! Longest Trip of my life in terms of KMS.

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Omairi7
Registered Member

TRIP REPORT!!! Longest Trip of my life in terms of KMS.

Post by Omairi7 »

Hello and Assalam o alikum all,
I am in London and ready to fly to home. I plan to share some of the basics of my longest trip which covers 21000 air miles. Car travel and other means of travels are not included.
No pictures and reason was same stuff again and again. Yes i will share the reviews, flights and other details once i will reach lahore InshaAllah.
My trip includes
LHE-DXB-IAD ( Emirates Airline )
DCA-MIA ( American Airline )
MIA-DCA ( American Airline)
IAD-jFK ( Jet Blue )
EWR - BUF ( United Airlines )
BUF - JFK ( JET BLUE )
JFK - MXP ( EMIRATES AIRLINE )
MXP - MUC ( EASY JET )
MUC - LTN ( EASY JET )
LHR-DXB-LHE ( EMIRATES Airline )
-----------------

I love travelling and never missed a single chance, as such my father asked me to attend an event in NewYork which includes different business delegations from Pakistan. I not only accept the offer, I add more and more cities within limited time. After travel 21000 airmiles or 33000 kms, Alhumdulillah, I reached home safely and able to write in front of my laptop.
My trip was not fully planned so I had to choose different airlines and options. Sorry for no pictures but I have other pictures of my journey includes Niagra falls, New York visit.
I booked myself and my colleague in Emirates Airline J class which offers luxurious transit connection in Dubai. After booking, I had to plan my next destinations which include Miami, New York, and Buffalo (niagra falls).
My return booking was bit changed and via Europe due to conference in Munich, I had to use JFK-MXP and LHR-DXB-LHE sector on EK so I had to book MXP-MUC and MUC-LTN separately. My friend was booked on direct flight to Dxb and onwards to Sialkot.
Let’s start with LHE-DXB-IAD sector.

After usual check in we went to CIP lounge and refresh ourselves with drinks. As our luggage was booked all the way to Washington Dc, we were left with our hand carries. Boarding process starts early and we went in plane well before time. Flight timings were 2 hr 45 min. Doors were closed at 3:20am and plane takes off on time. As usual pre-departure drinks were served and we chose apple juice. Flight was bit bumpy till we enter Baluchistan province and after that it was all smooth. Breakfast served and we ate only fruits because we were informed that we will get the breakfast in hotel where we will stay in Dubai. Plane land 7 min early and we went off the plane. We then proceed to receive our on arrival visa and went to chauffer service area. Hotel Le-Maridian was around 5 min drive from airport and we got the room within no time. We spent the whole day in Dxb and came back airport 3 hrs before time. After security check we went to Business Class lounge and got relaxed as it was hot and humid in Dubai whole day. Boarding process called on 1 hr before flight as there was some security clearance counter at the time of boarding who randomly calls people for secondary checks. I and my friend were called for secondary security check but got free in 20 mins. After setting in our seats, we then offered pre departure juice. Flight departed and we went to sleep mode. Flight was smooth and it takes 13 hrs 30 min to reach IAD. Inflight service was top notch; meals were v tasty, overall service was excellent. My friend was bit nervous because this was his first travel to USA so bit afraid of Interview and questioning. Instead it takes 3 min and we were at arrivals where my uncle and family were there to pick us.

After spending 2 days in Washington, We then flew DCA – MIA by American Airlines. DCA is a small but very comfy kind of airport used by local airlines and flights. Flight was extremely rough and bumpy as it was flown above the sea all the way. Rude attitude of crew, bit of racism faced (there was a black American who felt uncomfortable when he saw me and my friend sitting next to him. He started shouted on me and asked me not to sit with him. I already face these kinds of things many times so I was not moved by his shouting and stucked on my seat. It was the crew who actually was rude too and moves his seat. But this gives us 1 free seat in between us). Due to limited legroom and drama this was Worst experience in newest Boeing 737-8 Winglet aircraft. Flight time was 3 hours and our Arrival in Miami was on time and it was hot and humid there. We spend a day and half in Miami and then came back to Washington late night next day.

Then we went to New York by JETBLUE airways, ERJ4 Aircraft which we believe the best domestic airline in USA with excellent crew and in-flight service. Seat pitch, leg room and recline was good and comfortable as even smaller airplanes has seat back entertainment ptvs. Flight time was short 45 min and we were in New York. I especially booked my hotel near Times Square as I heard a lot about hustle and bustle near this place. After Conference in New York we went to Buffalo via EWR (Newark Airport) through United Airlines. First time in our life we saw that much traffic that we stucked around 1 hr 30 min and reached airport almost on the clock. Long security check queues welcomed us and at once we feels that we will miss the flight. Alhumdulillah, luck was on our side and fortunately flight was delayed by 35 min. Anyways once again we were in aircraft and this time we had Airbus A320. Very tight seat pitch, dirty aircraft and again limited legroom. Arrival at Buffalo was on time and we saw an almost empty airport. Niagra Falls was almost 40 min drive away from Buffalo airport so we got our pre-booked shuttle and we reached our hotel which is next to Niagra Falls Entry Point. We were lucky enough to reach falls on time as there was some lighting show and fireworks from Canadian Side which was extremely mesmerizing. Weather was great and all in all this was the best experience of this trip.

Next day we used the ride maid of the mist which on boat takes us near to falls and it was also very enjoyable. After spending whole day in Niagra Falls we went back to airport for late hour flight back to New York. Our Return flight was on JETBLUE airways and plane was ERJ4 and once again it was great travel experience. Flight time was 1 hr 15 min and service was great. Arrival at JFK was on time where we saw long queues of airplanes includes AIRFRANCE, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, PIA, BRITISH AIRWAYS, ETIHAD AIRWAYS, EMIRATES, KLM, ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS, AIR CHINA, AMERICAN AIRLINES, AIRLINGUS AND MANY MORE. My friend was bit afraid of taking pictures in plane during domestic travelling as he thought we are Pakistani, Asians and you don’t know when someone will come up to you in plane and shouted the special word tagged to us. I always encouraged him to take pictures and stay calm as there is no issue what so ever. We spent 4 days in New York and enjoyed a lot.

On flight date we went to shopping and bought gadgets which I believe was cheaper from UK or Pakistan. We both went to airport together as our flights will depart with an hour difference. I was bound to Milan on EK 206 and my friend was bound to Dubai on EK 202. Real surprise was at the time of boarding when I was upgraded to first and that was another best thing of this trip. I was given Seat 1K and plane was A6-EDN, A380-800. Real taste and elegance of Emirates 1st class was witnessed and I was full amazed, enjoyed every bit of it as it was first ever time I was upgraded to first. Amenity kit in leader pouch, pyjamas and slippers were already placed on seat. I changed myself into comfortable mode and went to bed after dinner. Excellent food, energetic crew and inflight service and I also enjoyed shower at 41000 ft which was seriously some experience. Shower was booked 1 hr 45 min before flight and after that breakfast was served. Flight time was around 8 hrs and we reached Milan on time.

Here comes the worst part of travelling as I reached Milan, I had 2 bags and 1 hand carry so I need to get a trolly by all mean which cost 2 euros. I got trolly for myself but at the same time, there was a Qatar airways flight landed from DOH which contains lots of Pakistani families. Lots of Pakistani ladies approached me for 2 euros coins which was kind of funny for me. “ AAPKO BAHIR JAA ker paise wapis kardaingey, one other women in Punjabi “ Bhai mainu 2 orro udhaadey de dey teri mehrbaani, bahir apne miyan nu keh ke wapis le doongi…”, some time our Pakistani thing came out of inside and I helped all those and I asked ke agar aaplog bahir miley to theek warna kisi ghareeb ko de dena paise. ALLAH sab ka mehrbaan and I went outside. I stayed outside the arrival hall for the ladies to come out but I guess I was unlucky there as none of them came out or maybe they went out by other gate, God knows.

I checked on my phone about Domestic airline terminal which is 15 min bus ride away from international terminal. I drag my trolly all the way to shuttle area and got the bus, reach domestic terminal and unfortunately there were no trollies left. You can well imagine how I dragged my 2 bags and a handcarry all the way to easyjet terminal. After reaching the checkin counter I asked for early check in and there was some time left. She refused me for early boarding and I had to sit there for 1.5 hrs. I was exhausted and sweating a lot. After getting free from luggage booking I went to burger king for my much needed lunch. Flight was on time and we landed in Munich 5 min early. I took a taxi and reach hotel. Next day I spend in conference and meeting and after that I went back to airport for MUC-LTN (Munich to London Luton ) flight. At the time of checkin I got news that my flight will be delay for 3 hrs. Thinking about 3 hrs late I started walking from 1 end to other end of terminal and back. Finally the time arrives and I boarded the aircraft. It was A320 (Newest with sharklets). Flight was smooth and landed on time which was announced by captain before flight. I then spent a day in London and next day went to heathrow for my flight back to Lahore via Dxb. After check in I did some shopping and went to EK lounge which was filled with many status holders or business/first class passengers. Did breakfast in the lounge as I planned to sleep for the early part of flight. Flight was on time and smooth. I skipped the early offerings and went to bed straightaway. Wokeup around 2.5 hrs in flight and lunch was served which was very filling and tastey too. Crew was very helpful and smiling all the time.

Stretching my trip report this long is also a good experience for me.

Landed in Dxb 20 min before time so I went straight to lounge and refresh myself. After spending an hour there I went to shopping in Duty free. As soon as I entered in perfumery section first announce were made for EK 622 and I bought 2 perfumes and run towards gate when another announcement were made. As soon as I was boarding in, there was no rush. I asked emirates staff about the loads of aircraft which was 80% in Economy, 75% in business class which was good and already seated in plane. Flight left the gate early and takes off on time. Flight was smooth and comfy, food was good as well as crew was once again very smilling and charming too. I enjoyed live football match of EURO2016 in plane even though we landed at Lahore and waiting for the gate. Thanks to priority baggage I was out in 20 min. Heat and humidity welcomes me As soon as I came out of arrival hall and I realized quickly that now I am in my home land  Alhamdulillah. I was not able to work or drive for 3 days I was sleepless from the last 3, 4 nights during travelling. After travelling 33000 air kms and unlimited road travel I was finally able to write but I must say I enjoyed this trip a lot.

I can share some pics and videos after few days as my friend has all the data. Comments and critics are more than welcome.
Last edited by Omairi7 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
EK, EY, SV, PK, AIR BLUE, EASY JET, AA, TG, MH, FLY BE, VUELING, SAS, SWISS, LH, BA, AIR BERLIN, RYAN AIR, GERMAN WINGS, JET BLUE, U.A, QATAR , AZAL ...